Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Whos ready for Spring

They are freezing to death in eastern MT, and on this side, up until the last couple days, we have been thawing out. Even reports of bears out of dens. I think overland flow of water at certain elevations may have been running into some dens. Crazy winter.

So Im going to try a new area this year for bears. Just wondering if any of the rest of you have any experience in the Crazy Mtn area? Not looking for you honey holes just wondering about some past experiences and quantity of bears.

I am gonna try either Idaho or MT this spring for bear, it will be my first out of state hunt ever. I can't wait to go out and try some totally new areas. I put in for tags here in WA, but it is draw only so we will see. Either way I am excited to get out and chase some bears..

Love hunting those bears. Probably one of my favorites. Nothing like the snake river country and glassing those canyons.

Attachments

• Bear 2002.jpg
    Bear 2002.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Road Bear 99.jpg
    Road Bear 99.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 2 dummies.jpg
    2 dummies.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Snake River Bear.jpg
    Snake River Bear.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Snake River 05.jpg
    Snake River 05.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 218
Im headed back to the Selway this year. Looking forward to getting back in there and laying the smack down on a bear or two.

Good Luck take some pics of the country if you would to share I would love to see what the terrain in there looks like am thinking of going elk hunting there and bear hunting in spring of 2012 if i dont go to AK

It's rough and tough and straight up and down!

I took a "national Writer" in there with me one year. 3 hours into the hike to where I set up my camp he was pissed and telling me elk hunters dont work this hard.:D

Needless to say I killed my 6th bear that year and he went home with nothing. If you read the article that he wrote you would think it was the best hunt he had ever been on.

naughtybear5899438.jpg

Man I cant wait to go on my first bear hunt this spring in Montana.I have been puttiing the plans together and getting things rounded up,hotel room is booked and I am working on getting in shape.Now I just need some snow to melt here so I can get out and do some hill climbing and running to get my cardio going.I am praying my new rifle is built by then.I have the action and scope just waiting for the barrel and stock to arrive.If the gun is not ready by then it looks like I will be taking the 25-06.I hope my friend and I each get a chance at a bear if not it will be great to see some new country. Good luck to all bear hunters.

Thinking spring bears in MT and AK should scratch the itch.

And after my app was mailed in today - Hopefully I will add Idaho to the list.

If you live in elk country, go spring bear hunting. Black bears are hell on elk calves. And, they are a ton of fun to be hunting in May.

Would love to shoot three of them this spring. Will invite all the Hunt Talkers over for a big BBQ and we will wash down the bear burgers with all the free beer I will provide.

Where does the line start for the BBQ?

Oh, that is only if you get to shoot 3 bears.

If you live in elk country, go spring bear hunting. Black bears are hell on elk calves. And, they are a ton of fun to be hunting in May.

Would love to shoot three of them this spring. Will invite all the Hunt Talkers over for a big BBQ and we will wash down the bear burgers with all the free beer I will provide.

Its a little bit of a drive for me to do the BBQ so ill need to take some of the food for the road

Since killing my lion I`ve been spending tons of time e-scouting new bear hills. If they extend the season in MT another couple months I might have a chance at checking them all out.

If everything goes according to plan I`ll have seventy five days to kill three bears. I`ll be happy with one, but I can still dream.

Man spring bear hunting is addicting...

I had kind of slacked off of killing bear. I really enjoyed archery hunting them. The elk resource needs a little help, soooo, I'm in again.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back