Who's Going to AZ?

BOHNTR

Anybody going to Arizona for the archery January rut hunt? I'll be leaving the 31st hoping to find a huge buck I saw last year. Maybe this time it will be on my ridge.
smile.gif

This is what happened last year. After 3 years of hunting a buck I called "KB", I finally spotted him on a ridge with a few does. Only problem was it was my HUNTING PARTNER'S ridge!
frown.gif
After a few hand signals (including the one finger type
smile.gif
), I got him into the buck and he made a great shot at 15 yards. Turned out it's the biggest buck ever arrowed in Arizona from a desert unit. Here's a photo. Good luck to those that are going.

BOHNTR )))----------->

2002 AZ January Buck 192" gross/187" net:
fccc6b4d.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-28-2003 22:00: Message edited by: BOHNTR ]</font>

Dang that IS a wopper !
Give your buddy a finger signal for me, and tell him I'm jelous.
Good luck in Az.

That is a hell of a buck. Unfortunately I am leaving AZ tomorrow, but I think I might try some big game hunting here next season. A little different from MT mule deer hunting, but looks like it could be big fun.

Best of luck next week.

Congrats! That is a whopper! The 31st largest typical ever from AZ is hanging in our office as the renewable resource headhoncho used to work the Strip.

Ah, looks like familiar country!! I would say within 2 miles of the Mexican border of Sasabe?

WOW! Nice buck
biggrin.gif
That country looks pretty open, is it hard to stalk?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-29-2003 12:04: Message edited by: Iron Buck ]</font>

Schmalts:

Actually it's near the San Pedro River drainage just norht of the border near Nogales. Some decent bucks there, but tough hunting.

BOHNTR )))----------->

BOHNTR,
I'm givin' you the one finger salute right now, you lucky SOB. Geez, what I would give to go hunting right now. Hope you drop another toad this year, and may it be your arrow this time. Best of luck and make sure you post the pics when you get back.

BCBOY:

Thanks my northern brother
smile.gif
.....Don't worry, I'll be thinking of ya while I'm down there stalking on a muley....(yeah right)
smile.gif
Besides, you'd need your sunscreen down there, the temperature may get to 60 during the day.
smile.gif
Talk to you guys when I get back.

BOHNTR )))------------->

Good luck on your hunt. It continues to be extremely dry and that is having an impact on the herd's health.

Again, good luck. See many coyotes in that area?

Not a bad fawn you got there. Can you see the one finger salute to you?
wink.gif
Good luck this year and hope you get something a little bigger this time.
cool.gif
That looks like some pretty nice country and it even looks warm. I am looking at over 2 feet of snow out my window so that picture looks mighty inviting.

Thats a good one all right congrats to your buddy I hunt just a Little north of there.I have seen some good ones this year.I'm hopping I get to measure one thats hanging out just a Little closer to the Tucson area.Got his Little brother just after Christmas.But its a new year and a new tag now
biggrin.gif

How did everyone do????? My hunting partner just about saw a grown man cry (me) when I shot underneath one I was after. Oh well, it's not easy chasing them with a bow. Anyone else have any luck?

BOHNTR )))------------->

Close but no cigar. I hunted in 27 in December and was working hard on a 27-28" 4x5 but with all the does he was running with, it was real tough. Got to within about 75 yds. and bumped a doe I didnt see and it was over. Found him a few more times but couldnt make it happen. Oh well!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-23-2004 13:18: Message edited by: Q2Dude ]</font>

no luck here for javelina or bucks.
Saw 2 more pigs yesterday but they winded me and were gone in under a second.
Have not seen any bucks like your picture in a while.
Going back out on tuesday and hopefully will have my 1st bow kill by the end of tomorrow.
Good luck to you next year. I know how you feel missing a shot that close.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back