WHo would be interested in Hunting Ducks, Geese, Pheasants,...

Cali,

It might be cheaper to just bring her along to Africa......probably 100 per day includes everything but shopping
wink.gif

Cali-What Oscar doesn't know is that he will be taking his vacation days next year for the family, not his crazy hunting trips.
biggrin.gif

And I think Wiskers has been in the south too long, that stuff doesn't fly up here,
fight.gif
he is thinking too weird.

-Mrs. Moosie
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-16-2003 12:43: Message edited by: Mrs. Moosie ]</font>

Now, Now, Mrs. M, your starting to sound like my wife! We must all get along, now that Moosie has that new Funhouse on wheels, it would seem your heart would swell with pride over the Heroic Deeds that we have been led to believe Moosie capable of. I have never been one to start trouble...Moosie, is this true?
biggrin.gif

Notice that her post was Edited.... she meant HELL yes he's going and I'm fix'n him DINNER and cooking and Cleaning
eek.gif
eek.gif

I have a friend that wants to go and CC'ed me as he wrote his wife. It said :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Honey!

I know you always wanted to go see Louisiana. It is right by Florida, so you can see you sister as well. Oscar thought that we needed to get away from Boise this January, how does this sound?

Love and Kisses!!!! :)

(HEY OSCAR - DO YOU THINK THIS WORKED????)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY reply was this :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: RE: Duck hunting

I'm not sure if it will. You ruined it by starting the Email with the "HI Honey". This is a Definite NO-NO.

Women, Although men don't think they're smart, they actually pick up on us really wanting something like that. You should always lay better ground work. LIKE :

"the duck season in Idaho is looking grim this year. The ducks in our Fly zone's are down. there wasn't enough hatches this year and the other fly zones have too many.... (this will bore the crap out of them in the first place. But it sets you up on several things. 1. You're bitchy and Mopy because the one thing you love most (Besides your wife of course) will be hindered this year. 2. If you want to hunt things like fox's or Coyote's it is a good reason too, because they are the ones that eat the young and destroy the nests.

(When they come back later in the year when you want to go duck hunting locally, Say you're hunting for Mallards which is one of the reasons for the low duck count because there are too many of them DAM Ducks.) Alot of talking usually backs you in a corner so leave it at that.

Let that sit for awhile then say, WOW, We've found a good hunting trip in Louisiana but it's like $500 a day not including lodging. I'd really like to go. (This is like buying pictures at wal-mart. They always have the $2k packages of 3k wallet size pictures then work down from there. By the time you get to the $100 package you buy it thinking it's a deal) then tell her it would be helping out the ducks in that area and even the Eco system (Or some crap like that).

Then a few days later, tell her you've decided not to go but would like to visit here sister in Florida since it's cheaper and you haven't done that in awhile. Let that sit for awhile then come back that you've found a AWESOME deal on a hunt in Louisiana but it's OK if you can't go because you are going to Fl. to visit her sister. (At this point, the woman will feel sorry for ya and think about what a Fuggin Drag it is to have you along while she can be living it up on the beach without you ). She'll cave in and let you go at this point not because she wants you to go, but wan'ts you to be happy and wants to have fun without Mr DRAG !!!

At this point you can tell her that you're glad you married her and that she made you the happiest man, You promise that you won't spend any extra money and she is happy for letting you go and making you the Happiest man alive, and you're happy cuz you can do what men are supposed to do (Hunt).

END of dilemma....

PS< if that doesn't work, Try the "I'm going hunting Bitch, and there ain't nothing you can do about it !!) *HEHE*

~Moosie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the Reply :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like the Wal-Mart comparison, I'll have to remember that one!

Oh, by the way Oscar, did you consult your wife yet????? hehehehehehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY reply :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have.. she said NO.... I think I'll use my last line I told you to use for your wife
wink.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fortunately my wife doesn't read these boards so I'm OK
biggrin.gif

I don't know about these woman folk. Vipe and Mrs. Moosie. You don't understand its for your own good.
The only way I can go on that hunt in January is if I win it. I am going to Maine for two weeks in November. My two sons going with me. Leaving their wives at home for the same educational purposes. In May or June I am coming to Idaho for a bear hunt. So the funds for paying room and board are almost depleted for this year. I always have gas, license, and cartridge money.
If she had a better job, I could pay the extra $600.

Moosie, you could always use my tactic. I keep her so irritated she is glad to see me go for a week or two.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-16-2003 13:34: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</font>

Ohh don't let him fool you to think that tatic works!!
biggrin.gif
Even the last line isn't gonna work buddy!! I dare you to say that to my face.
fight.gif

Draftstud, Heroic deeds?
smile.gif
The key words "have been led to believe". I start stuff all the time with him, its not so scary, he's really a big chicken.

Whiskers, irritating doesn't work anymore, I know what he's trying to do. Besides he went to Montana in 2002, Canada in 2003, and Alaska in 2003, I really don't feel sorry for him.

Remember me adding up all the times you go hunting and you'll have to have paybacks, guess what buddy you time has come.
biggrin.gif

P.S. my post was edited because I forgot to sign my name.
wink.gif

-Mrs. Moosie (The one in Charge)

You left out Texas in 2002 ... Not that I need to remind the "MIND VUALT"
wink.gif

PS, HI HONEY
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PSS, Is this payback for me missing your birthday because I was Elk hunting the last 2 years ?
shhh.gif

See, Danr - aren't you glad right now that you're single again?
wink.gif

Moosie - I bought an "every other year" time share on Maui. That gets me out of a lot of trouble, and it's not that expensive to go when the room is paid for - it has a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc. All I have to pay is the airfare and car rental - we eat most meals in the condo or pack a lunch, and go out for a couple of special dinners in the week we're there. And I can always sneak off for a day of ocean fishing for mahi-mahi, wahoo, etc.
wink.gif

Now hold on Nut!! I take my own punishment, you ain gonna deny me that......I mean I wouldn't think of you being punished for something I did. Tell Vipe to be ready cause I have been very naughty.

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping they did when they were younger. When men notice this, they should try not to become upset and yell. Expressing patience is clearly the superior option. Let me relate how I handle the situation.

When I chucked my job and took early retirement a year ago, it became necessary for Joyce to get a full-time job both for extra income and for health insurance benefits that we need. She was a trained something or another when we met thirty some years ago and was fortunate to land a job at the local shop. It was shortly after she started working at this job that I noticed that she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from fishing or hunting about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says that she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts supper. I try not to yell at her when this happens. Instead, I tell her to take her time. I understand that she is not as young as she used to be. I just tell her to wake me when she finally does get supper on the table.

She used to wash and dry the dishes as soon as we finished eating. It is now not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after supper. I do what I can by reminding her several times each evening that the dishes aren't cleaning themselves. I know she appreciates this, as it does seem to help her get them done before she goes to bed.

Our washer and dryer are in the basement. When she was younger, Joyce used to be able to go up and down the stairs all day and not get tired. Now that she is older she seems to get tired so much more quickly. Sometimes she says she just can't make another trip down those steps. I don't make a big issue of this. As long as she finishes up the laundry the next evening I am willing to overlook it. Not only that, but unless I need something ironed to wear to the Monday's lodge meeting or to Wednesday's or Saturday's poker club or to Tuesday's or Thursday's bowling or something like that, I will tell her to wait until the next evening to do the ironing.

This gives her a little more time to do some of those odds and ends things like shampooing the dog, vacuuming, or dusting. Also, if I have had a really good day fishing, this allows her to gut and scale the fish at a more leisurely pace.

Joyce is starting to complain a little occasionally. Not often, mind you, but just enough for me to notice. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour.

In spite of her complaining, I continue to try to offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I, also, remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any, if you know what I mean.

When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods than she used to have to take. A couple of weeks ago she said she had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard. I overlook comments like these because I realize it's just age talking. In fact, I try to not embarrass her when she needs these little rest breaks. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. I tell her that as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me and take her break by the hammock so she can talk with me until I fall
asleep.

I could go on and on, but I think you know where I'm coming from. I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Joyce on a daily basis. I'm not saying that the ability to show this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. No one knows better than I do how frustrating women can become as they get older.

My purpose in writing this is simply to suggest that you make the effort. I realize that achieving the exemplary level of showing consideration I have attained is out of reach for the average man. However, guys, even if you just yell at your wife a little less often because of this article, I will consider that writing it was worthwhile.

Note: This article was found next to the author's body. The cause of death is still under investigation.~~~

Sounds like it would be a good trip if anyone gets to go after all that nonsense. [Wife might looking]

I would like to work it in if I can. It would work better if it was on the weekend.

I believe that the women should be the ones doing a outing instead of the fellas. The guys should STAY home and do household chores like they are trained to do,like taking out trash,mowing the yard,painting rooms,etc.
biggrin.gif

Heck they could not find their way to the hunt unless a woman gave them directions. :rolleyes

Mrs Moosie.....missing your birthdays deserves that you are the one this year that goes somewhere. Lay the LAW down
wink.gif

You know those disasters that you see coming but you just can't seem to look away.... Dude I'm thinking some serious groveling will soon be in your future. Either that or some serious sofa time.
fight.gif

Mrs Moosie, you are no longer allowed to associate with my wife. I like you alot and think you are a great person, mother, and wife. But, I've finally got my wife convinced what Oscar does is they way it should be. Please don't kick me out of HEAVEN yet!
wink.gif

Actually, I'm hoping for a few trips this year. I let her go home to see the family anytime she wants and am usually the one doing the cooking, dishwashing, a majority of the laundry, the yardwork etc. It all works out in the end, she refuses to weed-eat, I refuse to dust, she drives a Lexus (and pays for it herself!
wink.gif
), I go hunting (she pays for that too.)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back