Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Who is dumber.....

pointingdogsrule

Who is dumber.... the show or me for watching the show. So the other night while watching Savage hunting, the amount of commercials was unreal.

Started off telling about the show for 1-2 minutes... then went to commercials. When I looked at the clock it was 13 minutes after the start (11 minutes of straight commercials). Back to the show for 1 minute telling about a deer call. Then 5 more minutes of commercials. (we're up to 16 minutes of commercials). Back to the "friend who shoots a deer" and more commercials. In total I think I came up with 20 minutes of commercials. I usually don't keep track, however, after that first 9 minute break I couldn't resist.

Probably why I'm turned off to most of these shows.

good luck to all
the dog

Who is dumber.... the show or me for watching the show. So the other night while watching Savage hunting, the amount of commercials was unreal.

Started off telling about the show for 1-2 minutes... then went to commercials. When I looked at the clock it was 13 minutes after the start (11 minutes of straight commercials). Back to the show for 1 minute telling about a deer call. Then 5 more minutes of commercials. (we're up to 16 minutes of commercials). Back to the "friend who shoots a deer" and more commercials. In total I think I came up with 20 minutes of commercials. I usually don't keep track, however, after that first 9 minute break I couldn't resist.

Probably why I'm turned off to most of these shows.

good luck to all
the dog

It used to be commercial T.V. paid for itself and the use of our airwaves by running commercials. Now we pay a monthly fee for cable/satellite and *still* have to watch the damn things. Or pay even more to watch channels without commercials. And they are still using our airwaves and easements. The old song was 57 channels and nothing on. Now it's 157 channels and nothing on but bend over and watch our commercials. Time to going hunting. ;)

Started off telling about the show for 1-2 minutes... then went to commercials. When I looked at the clock it was 13 minutes after the start (11 minutes of straight commercials). Back to the show for 1 minute telling about a deer call.

good luck to all
the dog

Hey Doc, tell me more about that there deer call, it sounds sweet! :D

DVR means you never have to watch another commercial, so long as you don't need to watch a show as it airs.

But yes, the amount of commercials on some of the hunting shows is unreal. Not surprising though, given those who watch extreme turkey slaying or hardcore box blind whitetails and get a thrill from it.

I watched a Primos show last night that was just like this, it's was at minute 9 or 10 before they even started hunting. They are all like this, thank god for the DVR. Pretty soon they are going to charge me to record it and skip the commercials. :)

Guess I'll have to look at buying a DVR :) So you guys are tellin me that I can watch a 1/2 hour show in 10 minutes??? (without commercials).

good luck to all
the dog

PS: the deer call made all the calls you would ever need... in one simple call. I went out and bought one today (LOL) :)

I don't have cable but Youtube has a ton of hunting videos to keep me entertained and are mostly commercial free. I've been on a Flintlock Deer hunting kick lately which can be interesting...no catchphrases, deer naming or Tinks69 Doe Estrus piss on everything.

DVRs are nice but they usually cost a subscription fee

Guess I'll have to look at buying a DVR :) So you guys are tellin me that I can watch a 1/2 hour show in 10 minutes??? (without commercials).

good luck to all
the dog

PS: the deer call made all the calls you would ever need... in one simple call. I went out and bought one today (LOL) :)

Not even really 10 minutes dog...they usually recap the preceding scene. Maddening and hokey staged drama.

good luck to all
the dog

Not quite, but close. I think the average 30-minute program is actually like 18 minutes. DVR is great.

This one of the reasons I quit subscribing to Petersen's Hunting. For quite some time it has been consistanly between 45 and 50% ads and I'm talking only full page ads. If you ad up all the quarter page ads it is even more rediculous.

Yup. I stopped subscribing to Petersen's Hunting for the same reason about one year ago. I wrote them a letter explaining why I was not going to renew after being a subscriber for many years. I never received a response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back