Who hear all wheres snake boots

They have little snake bite kits that are the size of a horse pill. I've had one in the glove box for years but never used it...just opened it to try and figure it out. One benifit of having a kit is if you need an emergency hicky the little suction cups would sure do a convincing job.

Yea I better get a kit just in case if it can happen it will happen to me I have broken my leg,had 3 concushions from what I can remember,been shot twice,and have had blood poisoning all by the age of 18 now Im 31 something is bound to happen sooner or later.

Save the money, I have yet to see a rattler while hunting Montana antelope. Now having said that I'll probably get an up close and personal visit with one this year!

Yea I better get a kit just in case if it can happen it will happen to me I have broken my leg,had 3 concushions from what I can remember,been shot twice,and have had blood poisoning all by the age of 18 now Im 31 something is bound to happen sooner or later.

.... you should be disaster proof by now.

Isn't the phrase azz-less chaps a bit redundant?? Don't think I've ever seen a pair of chaps with a seat. Miller just uses a normal height man's knee boots for chaps... :D

A kit may not be a bad idea to carry especially if you're by yourself, just watch where you're walking & hunt hard.

Buy the snake boots. You gotta wear something on yer feet, might as well be somewhat protective. We went most of the summer only seeing the occasional snake around here, {mostly bulls} then we got a hot spell in early Nov.. snakes everywhere for a day or two. Me and the boys started lookin for big rattles, stopped and looked at something crazy like 27 snakes on the road between Winnet and Grass Range in one afternoon. I don't hear as good as I once did, and find those boots kinda reassuring when I walk thru the sage.

A kit may not be a bad idea to carry especially if you're by yourself, just watch where you're walking & hunt hard.

Buy the snake boots. You gotta wear something on yer feet, might as well be somewhat protective.

There you go, the experts have spoken. Also, Wyoming mosquitos are quite treacherous, so you may want to pick up one of these as well.

campingsurvival_2093_304159963

Please take lots of pics to share.;)

OK Miller, what is so wrong about a guy wearing snake boots?

Just having some fun. If 174" wants to buy some snake boots, go for it. I am just saying it is unnecessary. As someone else already alluded to, I would be more worried about running off the road while gawking at lopes along the highway than having a serious encounter with a rattlesnake in WY. Snake bites kits are cheap, so what the heck; but once again, I think they are unnecassary.

Strap on the Tevas, relax and go chase some lopes:D

Here,I can add to the 'Eastern Tenderfoot" fear:D

In 2008 I saw 3 of them in Colorado and 1 squished snake in Wyoming. Never saw one before, didn't see any in 2009.

Attachments

• P1000226.jpg
    P1000226.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 102
  • P1000227.jpg
    P1000227.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 101
I totally agree that wearing them is unnessary. But then again, so are safety glasses, motorcycle helmets, ear muffs, and rubbers. Just depends how much a guy values keeping all his parts in working order. twodot

Sounds like someone needs to stay in the pick-up. Your analogies are......let's just say silly.

Twodot, what are your experiences with prairie rattlesnakes?

I was lucky enough to walk away from this encounter.

Attachments

• P1040979-comp.jpg
    P1040979-comp.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P1040986-comp.JPG
    P1040986-comp.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member