Who hear all wheres snake boots

174in

While antelope hunting.I am trying to decide if I should pick up some snake boots or if it would be a waste of money for a oct 1st antelope hunt in wyoming.I dont like snakes by the way.

wyoming, they ought to rattle...it's the copperheads in other states you see at the base of a tree you've been sitting in since before daylight that give me the willies in other states

I will not be in the mountains so I would think the weather may et warm during the day so regular leather boots should be fine I guess?will they stop a rattle snake just fine?

I've done a bit of antelope hunting, and don't ever recall seeing a rattlesnake. Just be careful in the obvious places and you'll be fine.

Weather should be warm. But, I've hunted in blowing, wet snow on 9/15 in WY chasing pronghorns, FWIW.

If you want to buy something useful get some good cactus proof gloves and knee pads for crawling across the prairie.

Nemont

I was along for a NM antelope hunt with the OYOA camera crew when Big Fin as the first in line warned a rattlesnake we were coming. It was just getting dark so you couldn't hardly see a thing. The cameraman, as second in line, dang near stepped on the little buzzer when he sat up with his head about ten inches off the ground and let us all know he was there. Got a few decent pics of him and let him go on his way. Leeson: Let Big Fin walk second in line next time. :)

Though the idea isn't unreasonable, I think you'd find them unnecessary.

leather gloves and knee pads are on the list.
warm weather clothes and cold weather clothes
Ill let my partner walk infront of me so the snakes bite him first.

What about snake bite kits ?? Do any of you have them and/or carry them while hunting ??

If you are unfortunate enough to get bit by a rattler, do you need to get medical attention ASAP ?? or just eat the thing and keep hunting ??

We've had a few encounters in South Dakota in Late October & early November...

I wouldn't purposefully pack a snake bite kit. This really is much ado about nothing, seriously. Sure freak things can happen, but I'd be more worried about getting into a car wreck to and fro than the snakes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back