Where, For A Month?

Depends how mobile you can be. If it is a Single state/province

I'd put in for some ID antelope areas, then hunt Elk, Bear, and Deer in that order.

You could purchase ala carte as you tag out.

If I knew more about MT there would be a good months worth of hunting.

Now British columbia, actually would have the greatest number of Species to hunt, but I am unfamiliar with the draw restrictions. I do know us Aliens require a guide...

I wouldn't mind having a tag and a picture of a buck worth hunting for 30 days

I think this sounds like a pretty solid plan. Seems like if you put your time in, Idaho can produce some big OTC bucks and bulls, and if you luck out early you could always pick up a second deer tag.

or put in for an unlimited Archery Antelope tag.... I hunt the entire month of Sept. here almost every year,,, deer opens Aug. 30, Antelope runs Sept 10-24, Elk Aug. 30 too Sept. 30, whole month of fun, I believe you could also get a bear tag if you choose or just use your deer tag and buy a second tag.... Idaho rocks.....:D
Matt

Go somewhere it's easy for your wife to send the rest of your chit to ya.;)

It's her fault. We were in the midst of a heated debate yesterday and she actually said, "You need to go to the mountains, until your head falls back out of your ass."

I said, "OK, but it's going to take a few weeks."

She said, "Yeah, it's pretty far up there."

Does wanting to take my shit and build a cabin in the Sticks in AK and subsistence hunt count? I have just about had it with people :)

It's her fault. We were in the midst of a heated debate yesterday and she actually said, "You need to go to the mountains, until your head falls back out of your ass."

I said, "OK, but it's going to take a few weeks."

She said, "Yeah, it's pretty far up there."

Just make it an annual deal Dustin, you will be reasonable around the house and each year you hunt somewhere for a month...couldn't be too hard for any girl to say yes to that!

Just make it an annual deal Dustin, you will be reasonable around the house and each year you hunt somewhere for a month...couldn't be too hard for any girl to say yes to that!

Ha! I'm really lucky, I've been gone 6-8 weeks hunting/exploring most years we've been together.

When we first met, I was 25(circa 2003) and I lived in a one room apartment and didn't own much more than a a couple hunting guns, and a small car load of equipment that would fit in the back of my $500 Jeep.

She gets it.

If you tag out early in ID on muleys, you can buy a whitetail tag and head north. Or you can head south into Nevada...
in-2006-the-chicken-ranch-near-the-town-of-pahrump-in-nye-county-sold-its-establishment-for-52-million.jpg

I gotta ask, what industry are you in? I get grief from my employer for just trying to take a friggin week off.

I think I need a career change......

I'm a carpenter. I try to work as much as I can(many 84 hour weeks) when we're not traveling, and my wife works 3-4 days a week as well. I'm lucky that my pension and health insurance are based on hours worked, so as long as I work enough overtime it all works out in the end. The only time it doesn't work(like right now) is when I'm not traveling and I'm not working. If I don't find an overtime, or any job soon, I'll have to work more straight time days(which means less time off) to break even.

We live a debt free life and do what we enjoy. It's not for everyone, but we make it work.

Money is the literally the worst thing in the world to think about.

Back