Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Where are you hunting this year?

gallagher71

Have a busy hunting season planned this year:

1. Non-resident pronghorn in north-central WY with three of my children, ages 11, 9,& 8 on 9/27
2. Non-resident pronghorn in north-central WY with three of my son, age 12 on 10/2 (His first hunt with a tag in his pocket.)
3. Non-resident cow elk in western WY with my friend of 13 years.
4. Non-resident deer and elk in western Colorado with my son again. (His tags, not mine...$106 each for youth non-resident!)
5. Non-resident deer and elk in southwest Montana with my friend and my brother-in law. (Brother-in-law has the tag.)

I was skunked on all of my bull & buck draws. Only drew doe and cow tags. Nonetheless, five hunts that added all together cost me less than the big game combo tag in Montana that I didn't draw.

Grateful for the time off.
Grateful for the opportunity to hunt.
Grateful for the chance to spend time with family and friends.

So excited!

East Texas (deer and hogs), Central Texas (doves, small game, exotics and deer), South Texas (doves, quail, small game and javelinas), and West Texas (doves and javelinas). Mostly solo, mostly on public land. If you know where to go, Texas is like going on safari without leaving home.

After going 0 for 5 in the NM draw this year, I made plans to fly out to hunt deer in PA and NY in November. I've been talking about doing this hunt with some buddies for about 5 years, so I'm really excited to finally make it happen. As someone who has only ever hunted in NM, I'm blown away at the idea of having more than one deer tag in each state.

What’s left so far is waterfowl and upland hunting, whitetail, maybe some mulie does and moose in mid October. I still have a fall bear tag as well. All in Saskatchewan

Right now...nowhere. Got kicked off of the piece of land I've hunted for the past 18 years. Did everything there...ducks, turkey, deer, small game. Time to find a new stomping ground! If anyone has a place with trophy whitetails, long bearded toms, and flocks of ducks that come in on a string, my message box is open. I will consider the offers in the order I receive them.

Man... I am hunting through reading of HT and friend adventures this year. I'm out of commission and it's a royal bitch. Still have six weeks of recoup time from a discectomy.
I had planned a solo, 9 day, grand finale Bob Marshal hunt (yep, with the sled) during the rut with my new Lyman .54 Great Plains muzzleloader. I feel good with it. a whoppin dozen or so rounds and have a good sense of its action and, yep - no bueno this year. Work may be knocking on my door to go OCONUS... So, this may be it. My hunt partner and I are looking at a drop camp in the future.

So, my hunt is planted on the computer this year. Good pics all! Take good pics! Dig the stories already.

Well I did some short day Caribou and Moose hunts - nothing so far.
My 'big' Caribou hunt just got cancelled so I'm looking to get to Washington with my buddy for a Muley.
Then I'm hoping for Winter Caribou and Winter Moose plus maybe a Winter Sitka Blacktail!

In order I have

WA resident modern season for the wife

MT non res elk end of october

MT deer mid November

WA waterfowl November thru January

Maybe sneak in my WA archery in the late season November thru December

Wyoming cow elk in Oct with my wife
Minnesota Ruffed Grouse with my dog
Nebraska deer with my NE buddy
More grouse hunting in MN after rifle deer season is over....

Getting really crazy. In addition to hunting deer, turkey, doves, ducks, and coyotes on our 20-member, 2000 acre hunt club that's 40 minutes away, I'm going to drive 4 hours to camp and bear hunt the upstate. Spent a whole $25 for a bear tag.

I am jealous of the travel hunters, but this year I'm committed to really enjoying the bounty of our state.

I just got home from a successful Alaskan Brown Bear hunt...
B9ASTJYl.jpg

In two weeks I head to eastern Montana hunting a pronghorn and any birds that I can find.

Other than that its just birds around home, an elk for the freezer, and maybe a mule or whitetail buck if I see one that I like.

My fall of 2021 is finally set
Here’s my list of tags
- ND archery deer
- ND landowner deer that can be filled in any season , archery rifle or muzzleloader
- ND doe/fawn antelope
- ND fall turkey
- ND pheasant (2 weekend hunts planned)
- Montana Big game combo(3rd week of November)
- Montana mule b tags (2)

Fall is about to get super busy antelope opens Friday

good luck to all !

Gonna go chase mulies up in North Central Wash. in a couple weeks. It's only my second attempt at deer hunting, hoping for some success and some meat in the freezer.
I really want to get out and chase some turkeys around the Blue Mountains in SE WA as well, I had a great time not shooting any this past spring.:D

What’s left so far is waterfowl and upland hunting, whitetail, maybe some mulie does and moose in mid October. I still have a fall bear tag as well. All in Saskatchewan
How is the waterfowl hunting looking up there? Were you all hit pretty badly by the drought? This is the second yr in a row that we didn’t go due to Covid issues/etc. Prior to that, we had made the trek each year since 2013. I really miss those Sask duck hunts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back