Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

when's your mt.lion season?

californiacoyotes

what state are you in and when and how long is it is your mt. lion season?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 20 July 2001 13:07: Message edited by: californiacoyotes ]</font>

Catman, I just bought a pup from Utah. A blue tick hound from Richard Dillard. Our loin season in Wa. runs from Aug first until March 31st. (I think) No dogs anymore though. However you can still hunt coyotes with dogs. Hmmmmm Well I'll just let it go at that for now.

10-4 to that Tobey. I checked every pic before i posted them to make sure there was nothing on them that may have been misconstrued by someone to be illegal.

California Coyotes,
The best time here as far as I'm concerned is Jan. Usually better snow conditions ( not that they can't be caught without snow) but it sure makes tracking alot easier. George P....send me your e-mail addy if you will....thanx

JJHACK,
Which part of Utah did the dog come from? The fellas name doesn't ring a bell but heck I ain't to good rememberin names ...just faces.....lol...

Catman, 45 miles from Salt lake. He has the original blood line from the first Blue ticks registered. Some magnificent hounds! Ours is really laid back and just all around great to have here.

I have always been a Walker guy myself but those folks who have had blueticks have always been great lion and hound men from my experience. Blue ticks have such long legs and are so much faster catching up with the game then my walkers were.

I guess I don't know if the noses are the same, but then I had walkers that were better or worse then other walkers too. I have wanted to use a Blue tick for some time now and found this champion bloodline with a couple pup's for sale. Guess we'll she how he works out.

What dogs are you using? How do you compare the breeds?jj

In this part of Idaho the season runs from 8/30-3/31, but dogs can't be used until 12/2 (after the end of most general big game seasons). We generally have reliable snow (which equals good hunting) from December through February).

JJHACK,
I use a little of everything. I've got a couple of dogs that I drove to B.C.Canada to pick up that I really like for lion hunting. They have super good noses. I always had bad luck with Walker dogs ,but Gatoman has some real nice ones and I decided to try a strain that he recommended. I bought a 1 1/2 yr old female that I'm real proud of so far, gonna give her the real test this winter.
:D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back