What's your favorite duck?

I've lost the picture but one time on a real early cold snap a huge migration came through we shot 9 different species in one hunt of ducks.

Mallard
Widgeons
Pintail
Woody
Ring neck
Green wing
Blue wing
Red head
Shovelor

Absolutely unbelievable...... killed 2 swans too.

My wife and I were training an 11 month old Chessie on a large marsh complex in Saskatchewan. We'd had a super great week as we hit the migration perfectly. We had been saving this spot for our last day and no one else had found it. It was overcast with a 10 mph wind at our backs. We decided to only shoot one at a time and only kill one of each specie. This is what we killed that magical morning : Ross Goose, Lesser Snow Goose, Lesser Canada, mallard, Pintail, Gadwall, Widgeon, Lesser Scaup, Greenwing Teal, Bufflehead, Canvasback, Shoveler.

My wife and I were training an 11 month old Chessie on a large marsh complex in Saskatchewan. We'd had a super great week as we hit the migration perfectly. We had been saving this spot for our last day and no one else had found it. It was overcast with a 10 mph wind at our backs. We decided to only shoot one at a time and only kill one of each specie. This is what we killed that magical morning : Ross Goose, Lesser Snow Goose, Lesser Canada, mallard, Pintail, Gadwall, Widgeon, Lesser Scaup, Greenwing Teal, Bufflehead, Canvasback, Shoveler.
Something you'll never forget that's for sure, unreal.

I'd say minimal. Its our version of winter at that time and gator season is closed. Plus they are lethargic

I'd say minimal. Its our version of winter at that time and gator season is closed. Plus they are lethargic
Just add it to the list of trips I dream of..... kids school and work unfortunately play a large influence in the way adventures come about. I definitely will keep it in mind though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back