Whats your daily driver?

I guess I'm not 1 of the cool kids driving a 20 year yota around but I will probably steal my wife's Nissan when she wants an upgrade. 2020 ram with the Cummins. Baddest truck I've ever owned. Leveled on 37s still running around 19mpg on road trips. Just rolled 42000 miles. Was much nicer at $1.75 per gallon when I bought it but I wouldn't trade it for nothing
View attachment 205035
Badazz rig...

‘94 Yota single cab pickup 4X4 “Blue Thunder” 310K n still running great!!!
My favorite was my “Lonewolf McQuade Special” I bought when I was 17…
‘79 Ramcharger w a 360!! Loved that truck, gave it to my 15 year younger brother for his 16th bday on stipulation to give it back to me for my son when he was done w it…little shit ass sold it!!!

Meet Shirley.

A Grandma-owned 2003 Buick LeSabre with 70k on the clock. It had an electrical issue when we bought it at a severely discounted price. I'm no mechanic, but I can sure shotgun parts at it. None of which fixed the issue.

I started tracing wires and I'll be dipped if I didn't find a loose ground....

She rides on air and the 3.8 delivers excellent fuel mileage.

When I drive her alone, many women over the age of 60 look twice, sometimes three times.

My youngest son just turned 16, and now she is his.

That leaves me to drive my Ram 2500 Tradesman with the Power Wagon package. Love the truck.

Afraid. To. Scratch. It.

When I drive it, large, wide-shouldered women look twice, sometimes three times. Some of them have massive hind quarters that were made for packing out elk.

The 6.4 gasser delivers 16mpg on road trips. 13 mpg around town. I've put a topper on it and changed the oil on it...Less than 9k on the clock. We call it the Taco Wagon, because it was hecho en mexico.

I've had dealers offer me $8k more that I paid for it a year ago. Crazy times.

Considering buying a beater Toyota 4x4 for scratchy places.

Attachments

• shirley.jpg
    shirley.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Taco Wagon.jpg
    Taco Wagon.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
2012 Ram 1500, almost to 200k, has gotten me across country multiple times, around town average 17mpg, once I hit the road on a trip, it averages 23mpg. Only complaint is the FM part of the radio doesn't work, but I listen to satellite radio or podcasts anyways. Hoping to get another 150k-200k out of it without too much trouble.

My daily driver is the same as my hunting truck, boat pulling truck, atv pulling truck. More vehicles means more maintenance, more insurance, etc...

Even if I get poor gas mileage in my truck, which I don't, it's cheaper than buying another vehicle. They're made to drive...drive em. Unless you like GM I guess. Then I understand the need for 2 vehicles.

This nimble, u-turn on a 22point dime trail runner baby!
2011 3/4 ton duramax, 220k miles

Had some very painful maintenance a year or two ago when fuel pump grenaded and had to replace the whole fuel system. When body was off the frame did some preventative maintenance on head, new head gasket, head bolts, etc.. So will likely be with me for life, but...

Once start driving a lot again in daily life will likely get an electric for daily driver, with the diesel for towing/long hauls/hunting.

IMG_7143.jpegIMG_7144.jpeg

When i got a job where i had to commute everyday, i was looking for better fuel milage than the 12.2 mpg that my 1989 Dodge W100 was getting.

I was looking at something in the 2010 range with under 100,000 miles.

Honda Accords, Toyota Camry & such were in the $10-11k range.

Wife spotted a red, 2010 BMW X3, while we were looking at another car. price was $11k. Had 70,000 miles on the clock.

I've had it going on 3 years now.
Put a battery in it. Front pads, rotors & sensor. Tires (i run snow tires in the winter).

I'm getting ready to turn over 150,000 miles. Still averaging 23.6 mpg.

2019 (? I think) Silverado my employer owns. It’s comfy and is nice to drive. closing in on 40k miles with no problems

07 gmc Seirra 4x4. 291000 miles. So far no major issues with it surprisingly with the places I take it beings it has a dogbox on it most of the winter. Bought it at 215000 and it had never been off the hwy and back seat looked like it had never been sat it. Sadly the truck doesn't look as good as when I bought it but when you love to bowhunt and have hounds🤐

Daily driver is a 2007 Kia Sportage, the little V6 has some pop and it feels comparable to driving a go-kart with not so great fuel mileage. I think I average 18. Picked it up from my grandfather who bought it new.

I also have a 2015 Silverado, 4x4, max tow and a matching topper. That truck has been awesome, with just over 90k miles I have not had any issues. Tow a boat regularly and a camper occasionally. Been all over hunting and never had any issues.

Daily driver is a 2007 Nissan Altima. 31mpg around town, 38mph highway (manual trans). Drives great in the mountains when it’s not broken. 190k miles. Everything is made of plastic, EVERYTHING. Like the clutch slave cylinder, which is inside the bell housing, is plastic, wtf. Something breaks every 20k miles or so. Everything from the clutch slave cylinder, wheel bearings, cv axles, all kinds of sensors, ac compressor, valve cover, I can’t even name all the things that have broken in the past 3 years alone. You can’t own one of these things if you can’t turn a wrench. I just put new tires on it so, clearly, it will break down again soon.

I can’t make myself get rid of it because it got totaled by hail damage a few years ago (minimal damage really). Fought with the insurance for a month and they gave me $8300 for it, then I bought it back from the insurance company for $1100. I could probably sell it for $3000, but it keeps that much in depreciation off our other vehicles every year.

Hunting/road trip rig is a 2009 Suburban 2500. Bought it with 8000 miles on it in 2018. It was a CIA truck and just sat in a garage in San Francisco getting maintenance every 6 months for 10 years.

Prior hunting truck was a 1999 Suburban 1500, which I bought with 220k miles on it for $1500. Drove it to 345k miles, when my father in law decided to overheat it and blow up the motor pulling a trailer up I-70 just before the Eisenhower Tunnel. “It started slowing down even though my foot was on the floor then bang! I don’t think that temp gauge works.”

Last edited:
2021 F150 with the baby eco boost. I came from a SD tremor 7.3 and was getting killed in fuel costs….and that was under Trump. Sold the camper and downsized. With the baby I’m pushing almost 21mpg spilt between city and highway.

I finally decided to spend some money. Looked at many smaller SUVs and cars then finally decided on an 09 pontiac G6 with 147 000 miles on it.
20220404_095457.jpg
20220404_095442.jpg

Atleast now the dodge ram can take a break in garage until it's time to pull the boat.

I travel by plane about 9 weeks a year. Used to hunt 5 weeks a year by driving from WA or AZ using a 4WD rental but not anymore.

WA, here about 35 weeks a year: Mazda 3 about 7 years old now and around 60K miles. Bought new.

AZ, here about 8 weeks a year: Tesla Model 3 4 years old and 12K miles also bought new.

Daily is a 2005 VW turbo diesel wagon with skid plate and 2" lift. Does great on Nevada gravel roads, show and ice in central Idaho, 38 mpg. Saves my Cummins with 356k for towing and hunting.
I haul around a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old all the time and this thing does great.
My buddy was the fleet manager at our old job and he broke down the numbers and it's completely worth having a grocery getter but gets triple of mileage in the parts are 1/3 the cost as long as you're finding deals and doing some work yourself not sure about buying new fancy cars.
My station wagon just drives so much better I only want to drive the truck when I have to. Plus I like the fact that the gas gauge doesn't move in the station wagon until you put 200+ miles on the tank.
20220131_174123.jpg

Current daily drivers - Dearfoams from Costco. Have reliably taken me from the bedroom to the basement for two years with no breakdowns despite the occasional off-road trip to the mailbox and to let the dogs out.

My 21 Chevy is for road trips and date nights with the missus.

Attachments

• Daily Driver.jpg
    Daily Driver.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Silverado 1.jpg
    Silverado 1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 3
06 Chevy duramax. Almost stole it off the boy. 165 k miles when I got it two years ago and runs like a top

Bought a 2011 dodge ram 2 years ago for a hunting rig/boat puller. Had an o4 Chevy 1500 and a Mitsubishi POS (bought from step daughter to help her with money)for a every day driver. Last spring I took both daily drivers to the bone yard. Been driving the dodge everyday since. Really don't want to rack up the miles and wear and tear on that. After the holidays I'm thinking to buy something else. Just curious what everyone else has for a daily.
2005 Tacoma with 290,000 miles on it. Haven’t spent a penny on it in yrs except oil changes and tires. In the shop right now for brakes all around, shocks and struts. Don’t want to buy a different one now because of prices today. Better get it updated while we can still find parts.

I'm currently driving a 2017 gmc terrain. 85000 with no issues. Got a screaming deal on it because it had been through a hail storm, bought new and stickered at 28,000 and got for 18,000. The dents were fixed but I'm told that even with them fixed the car is worth less; didn't matter to me since I drive cars into the ground. Traded in my 2003 silverado that had 280,000 miles. It was OK, had to replace the transmission at 140k miles, and it was beginning to slip again at 280. At least the transmissions were consistent at giving out at 140k miles. I've owned fords in the past and the transmissions never made it past 140k either. Love the mileage on the small SUV; and its pretty functional. Love the fact I can fold the rear seats down and can haul quite a bit of gear. Really miss having a truck; will go back to a truck once my child support ends in August. That will free up $3000 a month.

Back