Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Whats your daily driver?

duckhunt

Bought a 2011 dodge ram 2 years ago for a hunting rig/boat puller. Had an o4 Chevy 1500 and a Mitsubishi POS (bought from step daughter to help her with money)for a every day driver. Last spring I took both daily drivers to the bone yard. Been driving the dodge everyday since. Really don't want to rack up the miles and wear and tear on that. After the holidays I'm thinking to buy something else. Just curious what everyone else has for a daily.

04 Chevy Suburban 1500 - 272,000 miles and counting

Yeah I'm thinking an suv but a little more gas friendly. The 04 Chevy had about 340 thousand miles when I finally thought it's to tired to put any more money in repairs. Was a dam good truck.

2010 Jetta. Bought it a few months before COVID and have already had multiple issues with it. Plus it now has hail damage and a cracked windshield.

That sucks.
The hail damage and cracked windshield weren't mechanical things but I've had to replace the intake manifold-which entails replacing all seals on injectors(takes a special tool), every now and then when its hot it will suddenly shift into neutral and I have to pull over and restart it(turns out the trans is some weird auto manual type and has a circuit board inside $3000 to replace) and it is currently waiting at the shop for not running smooth. I bought it used so I'm wondering if it just had a hard life before me as Carfax said it was in one accident.

2001 F-150 offroad , 135,000. My 98 Tacoma is my hunter with 336k on it and both going fine.

Same boat. I just switched jobs. So no more company truck to cart my butt around. Only been a little over a week and I'm sick of putting the miles on my 09 Silverado and putting gas in it. Plus its for hunting, towing camper, and getting firewood. Not everyday driving.
I've been looking at used WRX's. I gotta drive over the pass to Jackson for the new job sometimes so the AWD is a good perk, gets good gas mileage, and fun to drive. I'm partial tho because my first car was an impreza way back when.

My favorite daily was an '05 CRV. Big enough to throw lots of day to day crap in, good mpg. Gave me nearly zero issues, drove it 50K-172K. Even with just FWD it was awesome in winter with Nokian Hakapaelitta's. I still see it driving around town, sold it 2 years ago.

Corolla…262k, perfect sized trunk for a whitetail.

Good gas mileage, and when something breaks parts are stupid cheap. Wiper fluid pump died and I got a new tank, pump, tubing, nozzles etc new for $25.

Drove it off the lot with 0 miles, no real complaints, does fine in the winter…

05 Silverado 1500 is my work truck. I also drive an 09 Impala for town running and hauling the little guy. I inherited that one when we got my wife a new car. Both vehicles are at 200k miles and still chugging along

I'd eventually like to get a 2016+ crewcab Tundra, I can't haul our 1 year old in my current truck since it's a single cab and we have another on the way.

I’ve got a ‘96 Tacoma with about 250k on the odometer. Great truck that gets decent mileage all things considered. But, I was very happy when the GF recently purchase a much more fuel efficient ‘06 CRV that we now use for more of our daily and non-trucking needs. Has an oddball 4WD system that we’ll have to see about now that we’re finally getting some snow.

2010 chevy Malibu with like 80k on it. Always drove my pickup as a daily driver. Until a few years ago when I bought a car. '16 Silverado usually only gets driven in weekends now or anytime I'm hunting. Sure is nice having my truck paid for and only having 70k miles on it. I will always have a seperate daily driver for work from here on out. You get used to driving the car I guess.

Back