Whats your daily driver?

1994 Toyota reg cab, short box that I traded a snowmobile for in 2007. Has 215K and runs strong, good commuter, hunting rig, and brush truck. Built bumpers front and rear for it and mounted a 6000# Warn on the front.

Attachments

• IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
In all it’s glory, a 2002 Chevy S10 4X4 that doesn’t work. It starts and runs, so I keep driving it. That’s my 2012 Ram going down the road, I sold it and ordered a new Silverado that has been built, but the dealer doesn’t know where it is. I hope they find it soon…

FE97F4B1-C06E-4F61-8C60-F09B04F5AF75.jpeg

I almost wish I would have kept my old Ranger, fixed it up, and upgraded the suspension to use it as a beater side by side. It needed too much work to pencil out.

Hunting truck is a 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab. Extra cab space isn't necessarily needed but sure comes in handy. Daily driver is a 2012 Ford Fusion, I think it was the last year for that body style. Bought both vehicles used a few years after they were made so I didn't have to pay the "new car" price.

The Fusion is a great daily driver IMO. It's an SEL trim package so there are nice creature comforts (heated leather, remote start, sun roof, XM, etc.) and the 4cyl is easy on gas (avg 21 city, 32 highway, and 25-26 combined). It has a surprising amount of get-up-and-go, no one is going to mistake it for a 6cyl but I don't fear merging onto the highway, with good response/handling so its comfortable for long trips as well as the daily commutes. I swap snow tires/rims in the winter and it handles all but the worst winter driving conditions with ease. Heck in a pinch I've had a deer carcass in the trunk, had to fold down the back seats and lay a tarp down to do it, but got a doe in there without too much fuss.

This picture is two years old (first pic I could find on the computer) but the car still looks great. If memory serves I bought it with 38K miles in 2015 and it now has 162K. Had a couple years where I did some heavy driving for work but otherwise it sees around 10K-15K a year. I've have it undercoated/rust protected once every 5 years, washed/waxed once a month (give or take), kept up with the oil changes/regular maintenance, and it haven't had any major issues yet.

Side note, not something I have studied in depth, but it seems to me that the trend/demand for SUV type vehicles has led to the prices of used sedans to be a little lower than similar SUV types. I could be wrong but just something I seem to be seeing locally.

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_133600962.jpg
    IMG_20161015_133600962.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
I rotate between these 2. Should probably sell the one on the left and get a car.

Attachments

• Snapchat-512306947.jpg
    Snapchat-512306947.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back