What's on the smoker today?

i see this all the time. and i think about it every time i cook a tomahawk.

but frankly, and no offense harley, i fail to see any reason to do it lol
None taken...a little presentation pizazz Togie...takes less than a minute to wrap with a damp paper towel and foil

Man it all looks so good. I have a half of a elk neck roast in the smoker. I smoke 4-5 hours low and then put in crockpot tomorrow morning for 4-6 hours until almost falling apart. saucing it with some homemade chipotle bbq sauce and finishing on hot grill to get a bit of crust.

next to it i have 8 lbs of apricots in the dehydrator for hunting and backpacking. next will be apples for same thing and chicken to mix into meals.

All these posts made me alter mexi-night (except for the margaritas)...

Pork loins; soaked in Coke for three hours and seasoned for the smoker.
74C8642F-B2C1-4988-912F-52ABA7E733E4.jpeg

Pulled off after four hours and ready for shredding (I wanted a tad more bark but didn’t want them too dry)
93406B45-6485-4ACE-84B9-098FCBCDA594.jpeg

Shredded with all the fixings for street tacos, were damn tasty!
9BF20540-F5CA-42A5-9D8C-7691D2DBEEEC.jpegB2534899-5141-4BB5-AF1F-415340471BC9.jpeg

Edit for the margs....Hornitas with a touch of chili powder in the saltFF8F57FE-8D3C-46DD-8C8B-584573ADCF8D.jpeg

Last edited:
I must say that the electric pellet smoker has made me almost somewhat competent at making some really good smoked meats and fish. I did a rack of spare ribs over the weekend with a special spice combo, an vinegar moping sauce that my wife mixed up. Finished it with some BBQ sauce for the final 3 hrs wrapped in foil. Maybe my best dish so far…but the smoked salmon is right up there. It’s hard to beat a little smoked salmon, cheese and crackers for a snack. I have to separate it into small snack sized packages for freezing or my “snack” usually becomes a 4th meal of the day. 😁

I saw that recipe on my Traeger app and saved it. Need to try that one for sure. My wife bought me the Traeger for Fathers Day....it’s been pretty amazing so far.
Highly worth it! Make sure you have things set up neatly and assembling them will go smooth. Also thick bacon helps the “shot glass” keep shape

I've done pizza on charcoal on a stone and it was lovely. If you're going to do it on propane with a couple burners turned off, you might as well do it in the house in the oven.
I can't imagine the pellet grill gets hot enough. But you can crank that charcoal real hot.

Back