Whatcha buyin with your COVID Cash?

Gave it to my brother. He lost his job when all this started and then couldn't get through to the overwhelmed unemployment office for over 3 weeks to file a claim. He probably used it to pay rent and buy food.
Nice of you. I haven't got a deposit and don't know if I will but was thinking it should go to someone who needs it more than I do.

.270Win was all they had in the Western Hunter model. Would have preferred a .308, but I was looking for a lighter caliber than my Tikka .300WSM and this will definitely be a good fit. Plan is to use it for coyotes and varmits, in addition to plinking on the range. I would also consider using it for muley’s, but since I drew MT Big Game combo this year (elk and deer), I will be carrying the .300WSM on my MT hunts. Still waiting for UT draw results. May use it for mule deer here if I draw rifle tag vs. muzzleloader.

Gun was a steal for $750 at Cabela’s ($1200 retail). Plus 8% rebate on top of that which covers the sales tax.

.270Win was all they had in the Western Hunter model. Would have preferred a .308, but I was looking for a lighter caliber than my Tikka .300WSM and this will definitely be a good fit. Plan is to use it for coyotes and varmits, in addition to plinking on the range. I would also consider using it for muley’s, but since I drew MT Big Game combo this year (elk and deer), I will be carrying the .300WSM on my MT hunts. Still waiting for UT draw results. May use it for mule deer here if I draw rifle tag vs. muzzleloader.

Gun was a steal for $750 at Cabela’s ($1200 retail). Plus 8% rebate on top of that which covers the sales tax.

that’s a good deal, wish there was a cabelas around me I would have loved to jump on that

Just checked Cabela’s. They are now sold out of the stainless .270. They still have the blued barrel in a 26 Nosler for $650. It appears they do not ship to Bass Pro or FFL :-(.

LOL I paid for all my licenses for 2020 except the general tags I am getting over the counter:
Antelope type 1 - going to hunt it on FE Warren - valid for any antelope
Two doe antelope tags...think type 8 have to check again FE Warren
Two doe deer which I am going to hunt area 66 since I can do that entire month of November after I get back from elk, valid for any whitetail
Cow elk

Going to buy general elk, deer, bear and lion as soon as I can get in to the G&F office. Also getting archery since my antelope is archery.

Going to also do like llast year and try to get leftover antelope and deer tags. I got one antelope leftover last year.

A sheep cage unit with an auto headgate. My rams weigh ~200 lbs and my lower back and bad shoulder are tired of wrestling with them.

I’ll set aside some to cover the balance on my first pronghorn that’s at the taxidermist
Also have a few ducks that is like to get mounted, so that may eat it all up!

Just checked Cabela’s. They are now sold out of the stainless .270. They still have the blued barrel in a 26 Nosler for $650. It appears they do not ship to Bass Pro or FFL :-(.

yea I checked into that when someone posted the sale a couple days ago it’s odd that they don’t ship to bass pro.. the bad thing is you said they have the 26 nosler and that’s what I really want haha... oh well though. Keep My eye on gun broker for now

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back