What will accelerate the death of hunting faster?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrdHntr

The various TV hunter thrillbillies with their hootin' & hollerin' and the obligatory fist bumping, then three times in a row the slow motion shot of the bullet or arrow impact? The Utard Posse Hunts? Sad old men that pay 100's of thousands for canned "spider bulls"? High fence un-fair chase? The various social media hotspotting with blood and gore tailgate pics? Game Cams?

The continued and growing strain put on the ecosystem by the welfare outfitters?

Guess I haven't paid much attention to pop culture the past 30 years. I don't fakebook, check out boards only on occasion and hardly watch TV. Regarding TV, though, once in a while I'll get up extremely early, perk some coffee and channel surf and will sometimes spend a few minutes watching some of these hunting shows. I stumbled upon one repulsive show with a cocky little guy named "Keith" (don't recall last name) who not only has a gay old time shooting fenced in whitetails but also visits with and showcases the breeder/farmers of these domesticated deer.

There was this one show with an absolute knockout Hawt blonde chick hawking deer scent obtained from her penned up whitetails... not complaining about that one

Can't forgot those absolutely stupid and stage game warden shows.

Now we have live youtube hunts?

I hadn't looked at an Outdoor Life or Field & Stream in years, until some family member subscribed me to these rags a couple of Xmas's ago. Wow, they've turned into nothing more than a glossy infommercial for the latest and greatest products that, if you don't purchase, you most certainly won't harvest any game

Guess I'm naive but I didn't realize that over these years, hunting has grew into such a "look at me" sport and a "get into your face" business.

I am concerned with the perception of the non hunting public. We'll never win over the anti hunters but there are millions of middle of the road folks who can and do vote. They may ultimately end hunting at the ballot, if we hunters don't clean things up - which I highly doubt will be done

On 2nd thought, perhaps I'll just say screw it, turn off the TV and computer and go hunting

Last edited:
Maybe you should go beat them up?
Ha! I'm living rent free in your head. But, good god, you have 11,122 posts? I was going to reply "naw, you go beat them up" but apparently you're too busy...which includes your serious business of upland hunting hotspotting

Last edited:
Ha! I'm living rent free in your head. But, good god, you have 11,122 posts? I was going to reply "naw, you go beat them up" but apparently you're too busy...which includes your serious business of upland hunting hotspotting
Don’t flatter yourself. I don’t need to beat anyone up or threaten too. In fact, in 11,122 posts I don’t believe I ever have. I am going hunting with some friends tomorrow though. Ciao.

Don’t flatter yourself. I don’t need to beat anyone up or threaten too. I am going hunting with some friends tomorrow. Ciao.
I spent most of today following a pair of pointing dogs, with several finds and the gps collars showing 27 miles... so good luck to you tomorrow. I'm assuming your posse will be a bevy of flat brimmers using german pointing breeds as flushers?

I feel like it’s Groundhog Day around here lately.

-New guy opens account. Check.

-Starts long winded thread expounding on contentious topic that has been beaten to death on this forum already. Check.

-Arrogant. Check.

-Name calling and insults. Check.

-Delusions of grandeur. Check.

-Lacking original ideas, tact, or manners. Check.

Is this WyoMountainKitty reincarnated? Maybe AlwaysDull? Hmmm...who else? You sound very familiar.

That’s ok...I’m guessing you’ll be Kilmered eventually and we’ll all just go right on with our lives.

PL/WA hat gets the nod today based on color scheme, but there were too many options.

89B0EDA5-60F2-4934-8A04-44393624CF5B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back