What will accelerate the death of hunting faster?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it’s Groundhog Day around here lately.

-New guy opens account. Check.

-Starts long winded thread expounding on contentious topic that has been beaten to death on this forum already. Check.

-Arrogant. Check.

-Name calling and insults. Check.

-Delusions of grandeur. Check.

-Lacking original ideas, tact, or manners. Check.

Is this WyoMountainKitty reincarnated? Maybe AlwaysDull? Hmmm...who else? You sound very familiar.

That’s ok...I’m guessing you’ll be Kilmered eventually and we’ll all just go right on with our lives.

PL/WA hat gets the nod today based on color scheme, but there were too many options.

View attachment 170230
You may want to look in the mirror , just sayin ! You seem to have a lot of harsh opinions but you don’t like anyone else’s unless your in agreement. Be careful I watched two sites die because a few ripped all the new guys and regular users as well. All forums survive on civil discussion ! Don’t discourage new members .

In regards to post by BrdHntr, there are some credible comments contained therein. I think if we, as hunters, take a deep look into some of them, we could do ourselves a bit of helping our cause ! I am and have been a hunter since being brought up in a staunch hunting environment going back to 1950, so I am not a newbie to the issue.

There was no one more involved in hunting and fishing when I was a child than my Grandpappy, and there are things going on today in the hunting world that would have never been accepted. Don’t get me wrong, I realize we are no longer in my childhood days, that issues change. But then, hunting was accepted by almost everyone, schooldays made exceptions on opening days of seasons, articles were written in local papers of hunter’s success.

Over the years I have noticed many changes of societal acceptance to hunting, guns, trapping and even fishing. We as a group, do ourselves no great service, or help to improve our position in this respect, by some images we project to others. We can expect there to be those who just simply will never agree with our purpose of being hunters, but with that being said, there are many who are known as ‘betweeners’ who could be guided in the wrong direction by what they consider ‘deplorable’ acts of fair chase.

We, as hunters, owe it to our cause, and of course to future enjoyers
of our beloved time in the field, to present as little distaste of our sport as possible ! We certainly should not openly argue amongst our selves about differences we have, but should also not go out of our way to say to others “you can go to Hell, we will do as we please” !

There are those who may label me as a troll, but that is because they do not know me and my history as a hunter, fisherman, or my general mindset. My remarks here are because of my love of these issues which I would hate to lose by those who show disrespect of the sport all of us would hate to see be in the past. I am sure there are points brought up by BrdHtnr that others can agree to as valid !

Maybe he was just upset because the Ravens got their ass kicked again in a divisional round game......

I'm surprised we haven't seen 50 grip and grin pics of him to show us how BIG in fact of a "hunter" he is...

Maybe even a couple score sheets

I spent most of today following a pair of pointing dogs, with several finds and the gps collars showing 27 miles... so good luck to you tomorrow. I'm assuming your posse will be a bevy of flat brimmers using german pointing breeds as flushers?

Seriously, why be such a dick.

Normally we would go out to eat after church on a Sunday, but we are on quarantine so I'm making a deer roast and some roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach. Speaking of which, I better go get everything ready. I'll post some pics up later.

If you weren’t on quarantine, I’d need an address. Sitting in this tree has me starving.

Maybe he was just upset because the Ravens got their ass kicked again in a divisional round game......

I'm surprised we haven't seen 50 grip and grin pics of him to show us how BIG in fact of a "hunter" he is...

Maybe even a couple score sheets
If that comment was directed at me because I’m from Md , just for the record I love watching the ravens get beat. There fans are obnoxious , I’m originally from Delaware and a diehard Eagle Fan. We got our butts kick all year!

If that comment was directed at me because I’m from Md , just for the record I love watching the ravens get beat. There fans are obnoxious , I’m originally from Delaware and a diehard Eagle Fan. We got our butts kick all year!
No.

Point of view on"high fence" hunts.
My youngest has a friend who helps run one of those (ahem!) high fence "ranches" in central Texas.
There are deer who are born, live and die a natural life and NEVER leave ranch property.
These ranches are measured in "sections" (640 acres), not merely "acres".
Kid visited last fall when a hunter came in with a very nice buck he shot.
The whole ranch crew was "ooohing" and "aaaahing", hand shaking, back slapping, gutting, skinning, caping and processing.
The hunter(?) only grabbed antlers and smiled for photos.

That's when the kid's friend explained that the "hunt" cost the guy $5k. The deer he took cost another $12k (trophy fee + inches of antler).
Since he was (ahem!) under budget, he was considering another buck he had seen that would run him in the neighborhood of an additional $10k!
Talking with the ranch manager, rich guy says, "I want to reserve a spot next season and 2 spots for my kids." ($15k + trophy fees?)

Those people have more money than sense! They want a huge head hanging in their corporate office they can honestly say "they" shot. If their client is offended, they can also honestly say, "I bought it."
They also hunt "high fence" for the success rate, the exclusivity and the privacy.
They "work" 355 days a year.
To insure success, they "buy" success, because there is no time for small bucks or not killing anything.
Success is a must, worth the price and takes very little of their "valuable" time.
Most of them are very well known.
Sen. T. Cruz (R-TX) also hunts a huge private ranch.
Can you imagine the crowd following him around on public land? ...or even on a small, private property? LOL!

It’s a certain kind of someone from Utah. But you don’t have to be from Utah to be one.
If you don’t know, you’re probably better off not.
10-4 I must not have come in contact with one yet. I’ve hunted Utah before but the guys I hunted with usually spent off seasons working western movie sets and appearing in Coors beer commercials. There were no flat brims involved and they had a specific disdain for anyone who used a 6.5 man bun to take an elk so I don’t think they fit the mold you are referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back