Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Dodge Power Wagon or other dodge

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Toyota Tundra TRD or other toyota

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Honda lady truck

Votes: 18 7.8%

• Total voters
So can we expect To see the first ever episode of dinosaur hunting featured on YouTube? Randy’s Raptor Pursuit?

After seeing this morning the decision of the Raptor I am shocked and I do not think this thread is done. I have a feeling the Titan guys are going to realize how much street cred Randy had and make him another deal like the last one he could not pass up.

I have to say, that when I was looking at trucks a few months ago I was really considering a Titan due to Randy driving and loving one. Ultimately I went with a 2018 F150 and I love it. BUT! If I had bought a Titan and then Randy hauled off and bought a Raptor like he's doing, I would have been pissed!

The guy selling the Raptor wouldn't take my $51,000 offer, as expected. We settled at $52,800, which for a truck that sells for $68,000, seems to be a good deal with only 900 miles. So, the crew wins the electoral and popular vote. Good part, it has none of those obscene Raptor decals and no sun/moon roof (much to Michael's displeasure). It is gray and will hide scratches better than the shiny paint versions. The only changes in 2020 models over 2019 is some different color and interior options.
Well you got a heck of a deal!!! Excited to see a raptor put to work!

I'm curious to see how the Raptor handles the trials and tribulations of the Fresh Tracks crew.
I've got a '16 F150, but it's not a hunting rig. I could use it for light duty hunting, but not a get back in to nowhere rig.

'bout time to close the poll....

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I just knew it! 1582822912971.png Congrats on the "new" ride. Looking forward to the pics and build-up before it hits the trails.

Excited for you and to see how it holds up. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm just gonna say it. Raptors are awesome but not a workhorse. There just not practical if you plan on working your truck. If you just need it to go downtown Bozeman for dinner and the brewery on friday night great. Ur doin it in style.
If I see a raptor on a mountain I fully expect a flat brim to step out of that tint and a keep hammering sticker. I like to stereotype like that. 😉
When I was looking into trucks a few years ago the Raptor was my second choice. But I couldn't get that stereotype out of my head which made it feel like I was trying to be younger by buying it.

I am considering swapping out the KO2 tires right away. They might be badass on rock and sand, but on packed snow/ice I was not impressed. Or, I just run them for a couple years and switch to something with a composite material that is better for packed snow and ice.

The BFG tires IMHO are great snow and tires. The issue with them on the Raptor is the size. The OE tires 315/70R17, are about 12.4” wide. When tires get that wide most all of them will not impress you no matter which brand you want to try.

Talk with your tire guy and see what options you have to going to a skinner tire. A 305/70R18 would get you to around 9.8 wide depending on the rim size. Unfortunately there are very few skinny choices in a 17” rim which are close to the height you will need to keep your electronics happy.

Congrats on the buy, I think you will enjoy it much more than the Nissans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back