Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Dodge Power Wagon or other dodge

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Toyota Tundra TRD or other toyota

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Honda lady truck

Votes: 18 7.8%

• Total voters
I want it to be a raptor so I can see him doing Baja jumps at 90 mph on the way to a coues deer hunt...

giphy.gif

I'm just gonna say it. Raptors are awesome but not a workhorse. There just not practical if you plan on working your truck. If you just need it to go downtown Bozeman for dinner and the brewery on friday night great. Ur doin it in style.
If I see a raptor on a mountain I fully expect a flat brim to step out of that tint and a keep hammering sticker. I like to stereotype like that. 😉

I agree with the Raptor. I think that the Nissan is aging out on him and he needs a lot more space for the crew. The crews needs are weighing on him....even though @Bigfin acts like their vote does not matter.

I voted for the Power Wagon because I think you can still fit snow chains on the front tires. Big Fin knows how important it is to be all chained up when things get nasty. None of the other models have enough clearance for chains on the front without modifications which may effect the warranty.

I'm guessing he sticks with what he knows. The Nissan wins, UNLESS he gets offered a sweet deal by another manufacturer who wants their truck to see some TV time in Big Fin's videos.

No need to fix what's not broken. I see no reason he wouldn't get the Nissan.

I've never been a Ford fan for dumb reasons, but a friends Raptor was a badazz truck in the mud this fall this past fall. My brother bought a F150 and the back seat is something we would have all dreamed of spending time in back in the 80's!

No need to fix what's not broken. I see no reason he wouldn't get the Nissan.

True. Very true. Found one that would work for us, with 6,400 miles. They would take $38,700. Loyalty and being a pocketbook voter, this was my vote. And, given I hold all the electoral votes, I have final say, regardless of the crew's popular vote.

I agree with the Raptor. I think that the Nissan is aging out on him and he needs a lot more space for the crew. The crews needs are weighing on him....even though @Bigfin acts like their vote does not matter.

This was the vote of the crew, unanimously. Which, given how much they like to spend the boss' money when it comes to camera gear and lenses, that is not a surprise. Found one that meets my specs, with only 900 miles for $52,800.

Summary:

Being the 2019 is the last model year of the existing Titan drivetrain before upgrades in 2020, I do worry about the resale value of that rig once the new models start rolling out. Also, for some hard to explain reason, the new model (2016+) Titan has the shift level on the steering column, something that annoys me when I am bouncing around on rough roads and need to be downshifting. Their engineers have heard that comment from me.

Power Wagon has a very strong case. The ride stiffness is just not a good option for the crew. If I bought one, I was going to name it "Beast Mode." That is what this truck represents. I found a couple with 16-19K miles and could have got in to them for about $45,000.

The guy selling the Raptor wouldn't take my $51,000 offer, as expected. We settled at $52,800, which for a truck that sells for $68,000, seems to be a good deal with only 900 miles. So, the crew wins the electoral and popular vote. Good part, it has none of those obscene Raptor decals and no sun/moon roof (much to Michael's displeasure). It is gray and will hide scratches better than the shiny paint versions. The only changes in 2020 models over 2019 is some different color and interior options.

Given what these sell for, the CPA in me has rationalized that the total depreciation over the life of the vehicle will not be as much as the other options, given the discount the seller is willing to take to get it off their hands. I say "rationalize," as I feel that I could do just fine with the Titan. The Raptor is surely a top notch solution in most all respects, yet it is mostly the crew who feels it is "$14,000" better.

So, we will have an almost-new Raptor showing up here in a week or so. Then, get a topper shell and seat covers and I should be set. I am considering swapping out the KO2 tires right away. They might be badass on rock and sand, but on packed snow/ice I was not impressed. Or, I just run them for a couple years and switch to something with a composite material that is better for packed snow and ice.

True. Very true. Found one that would work for us, with 6,400 miles. They would take $38,700. Loyalty and being a pocketbook voter, this was my vote. And, given I hold all the electoral votes, I have final say, regardless of the crew's popular vote.

This was the vote of the crew, unanimously. Which, given how much they like to spend the boss' money when it comes to camera gear and lenses, that is not a surprise. Found one that meets my specs, with only 900 miles for $52,800.

Summary:

Being the 2019 is the last model year of the existing Titan drivetrain before upgrades in 2020, I do worry about the resale value of that rig once the new models start rolling out. Also, for some hard to explain reason, the new model (2016+) Titan has the shift level on the steering column, something that annoys me when I am bouncing around on rough roads and need to be downshifting. Their engineers have heard that comment from me.

Power Wagon has a very strong case. The ride stiffness is just not a good option for the crew. If I bought one, I was going to name it "Beast Mode." That is what this truck represents. I found a couple with 16-19K miles and could have got in to them for about $45,000.

The guy selling the Raptor wouldn't take my $51,000 offer, as expected. We settled at $52,800, which for a truck that sells for $68,000, seems to be a good deal with only 900 miles. So, the crew wins the electoral and popular vote. Good part, it has none of those obscene Raptor decals and no sun/moon roof (much to Michael's displeasure). It is gray and will hide scratches better than the shiny paint versions. The only changes in 2020 models over 2019 is some different color and interior options.

Given what these sell for, the CPA in me has rationalized that the total depreciation over the life of the vehicle will not be as much as the other options, given the discount the seller is willing to take to get it off their hands. I say "rationalize," as I feel that I could do just fine with the Titan. The Raptor is surely a top notch solution in most all respects, yet it is mostly the crew who feels it is "$14,000" better.

So, we will have an almost-new Raptor showing up here in a week or so. Then, get a topper shell and seat covers and I should be set. I am considering swapping out the KO2 tires right away. They might be badass on rock and sand, but on packed snow/ice I was not impressed. Or, I just run them for a couple years and switch to something with a composite material that is better for packed snow and ice.

Randy, I definitely see an episode coming of the "Raptor Receiving and Taming". All cameras need to be on and recording when they deliver. Looking forward to many episodes with the big folks with a lot of room in the new rig. They will love all of the plug, and charging ports and such. That will make for happy campers as they drive back from WY, UT, AZ, NM, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back