What to do

chasendeer

I've got a little problem with too many elk tags for the same time. I've got a NV and AZ for a over lapping period in November. What should I do?
Jay

Guess you pick the one you wanna do the most. Will the lesser refund?

...good problem?

I don't know what unit you drew, but I would love to have your problem. I talked to my uncle again this am and he said it took him 15 years as a Nevada resident to finally draw his tag. Good luck, I'm hoping you don't have to cash one in so we can see some serious elk photos from you this year.

Last edited:
Problem? What problem? :confused:

That ain't no problem. That is a blessing from the big trapper up above. Lucky dog, lucky dog.

Hunt them both. The NV season is long enough that you can still hunt the AZ season, then head up to NV, and shoot two bulls in one year. If it is archery in both states, you can do the same, given how long the seasons are.

I think A-Con had a similar problem (if you want to call it that) for AZ and NM, or NV and NM. I think he hunted them both.

I had both AZ and NV elk tags in 2005, though the season dates did no conflict for me. Tell you boss, both of them (wife and employer) that they just need to understand, and you will not regret it.

Congrats.

Problem with two elk tags?

Surely you arent serious...I just applied for 8 tags in Wyoming with 100 percent draw odds...and I'll likely buy at least 1-2 more...so 9-10 tags just in Wyoming.

Plus, I have a deer and elk tag in Montana...and more draws out.

How about a fake ID with your name and My picture:D:D I think problem solved.
I like Bigfin's idea, get them both done, hell they are a days drive apart.

I sure hope I have that problem with late deer tags in ID and CO this year..CO is in the bag, and I'm PAST DUE for ID to show some love...Make it work, especially with NV, with squared points, who knows when you'll draw it again..

It really depends on how much vacation time you can use, and what the dates are. If there is any way to spend a full week on each tag, HUNT THEM BOTH. Other wise, send the Nevada tag back and get your points restored.
If you can’t get a point refund, commit to the best tag, and if you tag out early, head to the next hunt.
I had 1 week to hunt two tags. Were talking about three days per tag, and I got skunked. Don’t get me wrong, I had a blast, but just when I was getting them figured out in one unit, it was time to head to the next, and then time to go home.

Jeez, thats some tough luck there!! I hope I have your problem when the northeast moose tags start getting drawn.I'm in for 3 states,plus I'll have a full set of tags for Wy..I think I'd find the time to make use of them though
Too bad you can't sign that Az. tag over to me.I'd take that problem off your hands

With the season dates of 11/06 to 11/20 in NV and 11/12 to 11/25 in AZ I could do both of the hunts. The NV would be priority as the AZ is a late bow hunt that I only had 2 points for. I was thinking about donating the tag to one of the charities like hunt of a lifetime. I will see how it all falls in to place over the next month. With NM and CA draws still out I don't see why I could not get back to back tule elk tag in CA and a NM elk hunt that is in the same time window with not that bada of odds.
Jay

I know one person who could make the most of it... He holds fantastic experience in the graceful art of manipulating the system then blaming it in beautiful emotional media blitz fashion making him the martyr of hunting saints ~ Sell the tag to Lew... ethem... ton... State, I am sure does not matter to him...

Eh, Like others said, your in good hands with two great locations/tags - make this the season to remember! ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back