What Keeps You Going?

Coop

For me, it is the thought of getting back to Montana. I have been looking forward to my September trip since, well...last September. Moving to Nebraska was difficult, but with my wife earning her masters in Physician Assistant here, I can't complain too much. The plan is to complete Physical Therapy school and move back to Montana to start our lives up. The more I think about it, the more I think the Helena area sounds great. Kind of a rant here, but I guess what keeps me going short term is September, and long term is being able to move back home! What keeps you guys going through the long work weeks and hot summer days?

There is some fishing to be done and yes, fall hunts occupy the mind and fuel the fire. While your in Nebraska may as well keep an open mind and see what she has to offer outdoors.

I rely on summer days like this one last night. We're at the lake nearly every weekend through August, only thing that stops that is elk in September. I also have to come to the lake to releave my anxiety over the draws next week!

Attachments

• KIMG1214.JPG
    KIMG1214.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
We plan to retire to Wyoming in less than 2 years. This seems to consume most of my thoughts and drive right now. Two visits to WY, one in the summer, and one solo hunt in the fall keep me focused on the prize. Of course, we do the occasional fishing, camping, kayaking, mountain biking, deer and turkey hunting here in the midwest to fill the void.

Omaha NE isnt a terrible place to live, the turkey hunting in Western NE is good, along with waterfowling the Missouri river bottom. Always a way to find a fix before you go back west.

I'm always anticipating Sept in Montana, and the rememberence of past hunts just adds fuel to that fire. Also always planning and training for future marathons. Love running and hunting elk!

Interesting question...
A friend and I were speaking about this question recently... a bit sobering
We live - we die. What we do between means what in the grand scheme of things?

For myself, to cling onto something that makes life useful = Our children's future. Pretty simple...

The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit
- Nelson Henderson

I'm doing my best to make hunting a year round activity. Almost there with hogs, bear, and turkey. June/July/August are currently the only months I'm not after something for at least a weekend or two. There's always something or someone requiring time and attention though.

The love of living and experience on this planet. #1. I love the outdoors, nature, discovering new things. Checking out new lands, eating their food and drink. I am becoming more and more of an expert, of my hunt areas, with years of stomping the hills.

Each day, when I awake, is the best day of my life!

for me it is finishing off with work and having the freedom to actually live. In yearly terms it is the beginning of the change of seasons in the fall. I love the cooler whether and it signals me to get my shiz organized for hunting season.

Life is far too short to wish I were somewhere else, doing something else. I refuse to let one day be wasted. Yes, I am thinking about or planning my big game hunts daily, but I also find a lot of fulfillment in helping others, being a husband/father, and enjoying and appreciating the little things. If my mind ever wanders into feeling like I have to wait to be happy, or like I need to push through a work day, I have fallen into a trap that I need to get out of ASAP. The start of the rest of my life is TODAY. Not when I retire, live in my ideal place, have enough money to go on all the hunts I dream about, or no longer have to spend most of my free time watching my 2-year old.

Here is us living it up this morning for some summer deer scouting (and chasing dragonflies, picking mulberries, getting tickled by foxtails, and swatting mosquitoes)
0617191131.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back