What is your dreamm hunt??

...Arizona rifle elk prime unit with McClendon (AZ402) outfitting. No 'brokeback' dreamy Stan joke alluded either. For that, I have to pick Sneakem. :D

Obviously have a coupla' dream hunts....but, other than hunting Rocky Mtn., Dall, or Stone Sheep, I've always wanted to shoot a big azz Moose. I, fortunately, am gonna have the opportunity this Sept. Headed up the Northern Alberta and can't fuggin' wait. Hopefully I can knock one of those dreams off my list.

Probalby a bighorn sheep hunt in MT... a close second would plains game/ elephant/buff hunt in Tanzania or Zim...

Going on one of them in May...Argentina bird hunting. Next on my list is probably an Alberta goose hunt or a Kansas whitetail hunt. I guess I'm not a real big dreamer.

In no particular order:

Interior grizz anywhere they are hunted.

Archery elk hunt during the rut in any number of trophy units, UT San Juan would be nice.

Any/all of the NA wild sheep, especially MT anywhere along the Missouri Breaks or BC for Stone's.

Though a bit off the wall, a trip to Eurasia for a markor would be up there as well as they're one crazy looking critter.

A prime archery elk tag would be way up there for me. Sonora mule deer would be a good trip too I imagine. An alaskan or canadian mixed bag hunt is also one that I'd like to be able to do someday.

I've been pretty fortunate in doing several hunts that I always viewed as dream hunts.

Goat in Montana was on the top of my list for 18 years before I was able to pull a tag.

Dall sheep in Alaska was something I honestly didnt think I'd ever be able to do, but I pulled that off as well.

I'd really like to do a combo hunt in BC for stone sheep, grizzly, black bear, moose, mountain caribou, wolf, wolverine, and goat. Have all the available tags take 21 days and go full blast and see what shakes out.

Other than that, just a bighorn somewhere.

Going to hunt blacktails on Kodiak this fall, thats one I've wanted to do for a while as well.

While on the subject of dream hunts, I guess maybe a chance to relive some of the ones I've already experienced, in particular those special ones shared with family and friends.

Sheep for me thankyou. DIY Rocky Mtn Bighorn (ID or NV), CA Bighorn (ID or NV), Nelson Bighorn (NV), Stone (NWT), Dall (NWT or AK). Something unique about those animals that really floats my boat. Being able to do it without a guide would more rewarding.

I started the thread and didn't even put my dream hunt on.. If I could only pick one it would be Rocky Mtn sheep anywhere I could draw the tag. DIY all the way.

Well I've done my top 2 dream hunts the past 2 falls. I took a dandy billy and an awesome dall ram.
I think my ultimate dream hunt would be a solo backpack trip into the Brooks Range for another Dall. Maybe about a month long hunt just traveling and seeing some country. No time restrictions, no work worries and no one else around.
Pointer your right a markhor hunt would be pretty cool. Those things are pretty wild looking. An ibex hunt would be alright too.
As for the lower 48, any DIY sheep hunt would top the list.

My dream hunt would be one with my dad, some where other than Indiana. It need to be a stand hunt, I dont think he can do the hiking thru the mountians hunt that I seem to enjoy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back