what is the most under loved cut of meat

220yotekiller

we have always looked at shanks as a pain in the neck. but now they are rapidly becoming some of our favorite meat, my wife has a crock pot shank recipe that is out of this world. the same with the neck meat, done right in the crockpot they are incredible.

Flat irons 110%. I found it by accident and thought man that’s a neat cut. Saw it on a food show a few years later that put a name to it.

Second the flat iron. I also have been saving the skirt Steaks even on a deer where there is hardly anything to them. Hardly anyone even bothers to save the skirt Steaks...

Haven't tried the cured and slow cooked in fat method but its on the shortlist! We cook them in the crockpot or pressure cooker until the meat is fork tender, shred/pull, and use in all kinds of recipes. Most of the hunters around here breast out their geese and toss the legs and thighs in the ditch. Then again they do the same thing with turkey legs, duck legs, pheasant legs.... However of all the legs, the geese are the best combo of hassle free and meat yield.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back