Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Excellent Venison or Elk Recipe

Cornbread

If you're like me, you get more fish or venison then you have recipes. Living here in Florida, Ive gotten to the stage where I love to fish for grouper and snapper and tile fish, but am sick of eating fish. I hope we catch a blackfin tuna on Friday so I can eat some fresh sushi. Anyways, here's a recipe (my half-assed version) of a Steve Rinelle (MeatEater) recipe. I made up my own read of the ingredients. This is an awesome recipe if you love spicy Mexican food.

Venison Adobo Recipe
The day before you want to start the crock pot & serve, take out about 5 whole dried Guajillo Chille Peppers and 5 whole Pasilla Chille Peppers (From Amazon 1400 Spices) o(r a Mexican grocery store near you) and blacken parts of them in a cast iron skillet. Then add about 8 cups of water to a blender and soak the peppers for a day til they all soften.

Put in a blender 1 or 2 cans of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce
Add the spices:
1 Tablespoon of Oregano
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
2 teaspoons of whole cloves
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
½ cup of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Add some of the dark water from soaking the dried chilles into the blender for fluid. Try a cup at a time. You want it not to be like a paste or runny, kinda fluid.
Blend it all up and stick in fridge for cooking day. I put extra in the freezer for another day.

Cooking/Serving Day:
Dry Off Shanks or meat (bones help with the flavor)
Salt & Pepper the venison
Cover all sides with flour
Brown the meat in a skillet with Bacon Grease (use bacon for flavor)
Save grease after frying
Take out venison and place on a separate plate

Saute the chopped onion, fresh garlic (either cloves or thru a garlic press), chopped cubanelle & poblano green peppers. Put aside after semi soft

Place meat in bottom of the crock pot, cover with the sauted onions & poblano & cubanelle peppers. Pour over the blender sauce and cover the meat.

My crockpot has a high and a low. I kept it at high for about 4 hours, then at low for 2 hours. I served it all with yellow rice. You could also add a side salad with Italian dressing or oil & red vinegar.

The venison was so tender. I kinda think it reminds me of a Mexican pot roast. It’s definitely spicy. I also had an avocado on the side of the plate, or you could make some home-made guacamole.
This guy Rinelle knows how to cook. His Hunting videos are pretty good also. Enjoy
Cornbread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back