What in the heck is going on with Country music?

The most mechanically inept operator that can't blow an air filter becomes a dam hvac technician when the ac starts acting up :).
I worked for a farmer when I was younger. When I first started driving a tractor one day he asked me why I had the windows open and I said because it was hot in the cab and the AC didn't work with a crap. He asked if I had checked the air filter for it to which I replied "didn't know it had one" 😆

I worked for a farmer when I was younger. When I first started driving a tractor one day he asked me why I had the windows open and I said because it was hot in the cab and the AC didn't work with a crap. He asked if I had checked the air filter for it to which I replied "didn't know it had one" 😆
Never ceases to amaze me how many guys dont check the cab filter. Whether it be tractors, equipment, vehicles or whatever.

I drove a Dodge at the time. I didn't even have a cabin air filter on my truck...LOL
I check em on equipment all the time. Seems like nobody changes them until it's a problem. Used to work in an underground mine where there pretty important, probably why I'm so attentive to them now.

Actually Jason boland is one of my favorites.
Was listening to this song just the other day, somehow stumbled back on this thread. Definitely one of my new favorites. Casey Donahew band is another good one I've been listening to lately.

Last edited:
Was listening to this song just the other day, somehow stumbled back on this thread. Definitely one of my new favorites. Casey Donahew band is another good one I've been listening to lately.
I’ve been listening to this guy on instagram that covers all genres of music with a fiddle. Rap, rock, country he does it all.

To @220yotekiller , I’m Finally chiming in on this thread , I LOVE country music and it’s been over a decade since I listened to up to the moment country music on a FM radio , country went to crap, I’m a firm believer the best country music is not played on the FM radio , lots of good country music out there today , you just have to search around or you get a heads up on someone to listen to from a friend.

Aaron Lewis is one of the guys I listen to that’s been putting out some good country music for the last 6 years or so and he addresses the state of country music , when he sings in a song that todays country music is just WATERED DOWN LA , and wonders how it keeps working , then sings another guy comes along with a fresh new face wearing his sisters jeans and singing the same song as the last new country music artist !!!! Ha ha ha that’s how I feel also .

Since I moved to Billings it has an oldies country channel on the FM twang 107 , and they play all the old stuff and great songs I’ve never even herd or remember, and I love older country.

And that’s something I’ve been doing for years now is going back and exploring older country music from the 40’s - 80’s . Spotify is what I use to put together country playlists for myself , I also like to hit up goodwill and look for CD’s to add to my country music library. Here’s 3 new additions
3B758006-B1D2-49EA-8ACB-E91CB7F6EC3D.jpeg

There’s lots of alternative ways to find good country to enjoy, and not put up with the crap Nashville is trying to pass off in todays music scene. I’m just glad I’m old enough to know the difference, Grown-up as a kid in the early 70s and 80’s , I know who a lot of the traditional country music legends are because I heard some of their songs on the radio but by the time I was old enough to buy music albums a lot of those albums weren’t around anymore and so now with today’s technology and a little gumption you can go back and find the old albums that my parents used to listen to and expand your knowledge of the classic country music artists and that’s what I like to do. There’s is so much recorded older country music you can never listen to it all.

In addition to Aaron Lewis , there is Creed Fisher a Texas guy who refuses to sell out and plays great great country music and even sells shirts that say F@&# Nashville!! Love his music and I just discovered though a guy at work a Canadian Cowboy who is a cowboy called CORB LUND that is very good as well. And that’s all I got 🤠

Corb Lund

Aaron singing about the state of todays country

And Creed Fisher just being the outlaw he is

Last edited:
I guess like many have said it all comes down to as we age we still like what we grew up with I can hardly listen to a radio station any more they dont play rock n roll or country as I define it
Had a friend that worked at a radio station in 80s I saw George,Conway,Randy Travis, Hank jr and so many others 100s of hair bands got free tickets to any show I wanted
Love music play the guitar and cant stand the crap on the radio lol Thank God for spotify and things like that cause on MY job sites George,Conway and many others are alive and well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back