Caribou Gear Tarp

What in the heck is going on with Country music?

do your wives listen to bad music?
Could you date a girl who thinks this is a good song?
that song came on just the other day with my wife in the front seat and we both stared at eachother and raced to tap the forward icon. So weird To write a song about another song.

I like options. There are more options for good country music than ever. I also like to control my options. There are more ways to control what you listen to as well as when.
Im not at the mercy of a radio station. In fact I have a 2017 Silverado I bought new and I cant honestly remember ever turning on the radio ever. I dont even know if it works. I listen to songs on my I tune library in the truck.

I try to knock off around 3 on Friday if possible and I come home and have a little happy hour. I turn on You tube music and I discover many great country performers.
Theres much talent out there. If I see a performer on you tube
i really like I buy their stuff on I-tunes.

I grew up on country radio. Born in 1962. Back threw the 60s ,70s and 80s there was a handful of country performers being promoted and you listened to what the radio played.

I don't know if Sturgil Simpson is still recovering from the ruptured vocal chord and/or burnout. He's stated that he most likely won't solo again but hasn't ruled out a band.

....don't think he's finished.

I'll play the contrarian again. Today's country music isn't bad, it's actually pretty good, and you're just doing what every person before you has done and complain about the "new"

I dare you to take a break from country radio, like several months long, maybe a year, clear you mind of preconceived ideas. Then put on the best of Blake Shelton, who is mostly certainly main stream, and actually listen to the songs. I'd bet 90% of us agree they're not bad. They may not fit into your preferred mold of what country should be, but they're still good. Remember, people complained about Garth too.

One could certainly make a case for bro country originating far earlier than it's current complainant's outrage.

Garth is easily listenable yet almost unwatchable...IMO
unwatchable? As in on TV? Because the guy won entertainer of the year 7 times, and more people have went to see him live than any other country act by almost an order of magnitude.

unwatchable? As in on TV? Because the guy won entertainer of the year 7 times, and more people have went to see him live than any other country act by almost an order of magnitude.
IMO...yes unwatchable, hambone aw shucks schtick, again, IMO.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back