What in the heck is going on with Country music?

I occasionally catch (original country gold) with Rowdy Yates on Saturday nights. Otherwise I avoid the local country stations.

Well shit! don’t tell Merle Haggard, probably roll in the grave if he knew he wasn’t country. You know, a guy from Oakland who was inspired to sing country after hearing Johnny cash while serving his time in San Quentin prison. Country roots there for sure.. lol.

Or what about one of his greatest musical heirs, Gary Allan? From none other than Los Angeles, California

Some angry closed minded folks on here. Just like the NFL, you can turn the channel or turn it off if you don't like it. The only music people out there today willing to admit they hunt and fish is Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Morgan Wallen and most of you hate on these guys. It's good to have some representation in the public.

Are people angry and close minded, or is there simply a massive conflation of what is authentic and high quality, and what was popular amongst ourselves and our friends when we were younger? I'd bet my money on conflation but I'm the kind of guy who could lose a bet on the Globetrotters.

Some angry closed minded folks on here. Just like the NFL, you can turn the channel or turn it off if you don't like it. The only music people out there today willing to admit they hunt and fish is Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Morgan Wallen and most of you hate on these guys. It's good to have some representation in the public.
Not closed minded I listen to plenty of rap. It's just the country/rap/pop played on country music stations isn't country. It also sounds terrible to me.
I realize I'm in the minority.
I'm not saying you can't pretend to be country while listening to it.

I literally got my dirt road cred when I was 12 on a no cab tractor hauling them bales.

Not closed minded I listen to plenty of rap. It's just the country/rap/pop played on country music stations isn't country. It also sounds terrible to me.
I realize I'm in the minority.
I'm not saying you can't pretend to be country while listening to it.

I literally got my dirt road cred when I was 12 on a no cab tractor hauling them bales.

Wtf no cab tractor? Everybody knows its "open station"

Back