PEAX Equipment

What hunting clothing brand do you use??

What brand of clothing do you wear?

• Sitka

Votes: 45 23.7%
  • First Lite

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • Kuiu

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Badlands

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Kings Camo

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Cabelas/Bass Pro

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Multiple brands

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Hand me downs

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Blue jeans and flannels

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters
Well I started this thread to try and narrow down what brand I wanted to go with to rebuild my collection but I’m still on the fence between kuiu, stone glacier and now Sitka since they are offering stuff in solids.
Don't think you would be disappointed in any of those choices. I am sure each of those companies has a piece that is better than the other. I wouldn't be afraid to mix them up if I were you.

I've got a cabelas wooltimate pullover that I pretty much wear everyday whether I'm hunting or working from Nov thru February. Most comfortable warmest piece of clothing I've ever owned. Other than that it's jeans or if I'm duck hunting then maybe brown carhartt pants with cotton long johns underneath. The older I get the less I care about camo or whatever.

I have a mishmash of Walmart clearance, gifted clothes, used name brand stuff from ebay, and clothes I make. The lightest, toughest clothing by far has been REI brand. It’s also the cheapest because it lasts almost forever, far more durable than Sitka in my experience. With unlimited $$ undoubtedly I’d get all my stuff from REI. Camo is about 99% marketing anyways.

66AC35C3-926B-4588-A3BA-0D22D7E5BBD5.png
$3 Walmart vest
$60 REI pants, 13 yrs old
$50 REI shirt, 13 yrs old
$25 Patagonia briefs, 7 yrs old

Multiple brands here.

Base layers- Kuiu Peleton 97, Black Ovis 150
Pants- Kuiu Attack, Wrangler Outdoor
Gaiters- OR Crocs
Puffy pants-Naturehike(Amazon☺️)
Mid layer top-OR Ascendant
Wind layer-BD Alpine Start
Puffy coat-Kryptec Aquillo
Rain gear- cheap stuff

Going forward I'm not buying camo unless it's a way to get something on sale. I've killed turkeys in non hunting brand pieces so to me its not necessary. I'm perfectly happy buying from non hunting brands, as you can see from my list.

Cabelas microtex pant for warm season are the bomb.
Kuiu Attack pant for cooler weather.
Have several Kuiu peleton tops
Kryptek puffy and Browning Puffy
Also First Lite mid layers
I also use some Kings camo clothing
Scarpa Kenisis and Zamberlan Wasatch for boots
Black Ovis and Kings camo merino
My go-to pack is Kuiu Pro, 3200 and 6500
BPS synthetic blend T's, SS and LS

Just a mix of what works and can be bought with discounts or on sale.

Mountain hunting is all kuiu since I live close enough to try stuff on at the showroom. Its has gained my trust over 5 years of abuse and only one item warrantied, and one item I beat up pretty good. Its comfortable and durable, I just buy it all on sale or outlet. Havent had to buy any more the last 2 years now.

Field and waterfowl hunting is a mix of kuiu and cabelas gear that Ive had forever. Mainly cabelas though. Different tools for different jobs.

Had some kings camo a decade ago but quality was poor and it was not durable. Wish I would have got all solid colors though so Im transitioning away from camo for mtn hunting. Found its better to blend in to the local population in the mtns on trailheads where i run into all the granola eaters. Sometimes ill wear a tie-dye shirt to the trailhead before putting on the camo outfit just to fool people haha. Speaking of which…. Some tie-dye camo using quality materials like the high end hunting brands would be pretty dope man hahaha. Deer wouldnt know whether to lick my hand or run, especially with some petrulli oil as a cover scent 😂😂

I recently sold all mine. It was mostly Core4, a budget copy of Sitka sold through Black Ovis. It was good gear, bought most of it barely used from classifieds. I had Cabelas (pre Bass Pro) Wooltimate, wonderful but heavy. The only thing I kept was an early pair of Sitka pants in mothwing camo, mostly for nostalgia. I like the cheap synthetic pants and stretch fleece lined pants @ Costco for $20ish. and synthetic layers under a Cloudveil shell jacket. Fortunately there are several 2nd hand stores near me that handle higher end ski and mountaineering gear, fun to shop @ those. I'm about out of the camo racket.

I have a mix of different brands. I did buy a pair of the new Kilik pants that sportsmans warehouse sells. Seams like a cheap Sitka for less than half the cost. I will see how they perform this season. Anyone else have experience with this brand?

Badlands has been great to me- at an extremely fair price and pretty good quality I don't think you could go wrong.

Whatever i find used or on sale. zipoff bottoms worth the msrp to me, nice to see more brands offering this. Kuiu peloton 97 is hard to beat for being warm and light. I'll wear columbia, costco base layers, wrangler stretch pants in earth tones but I do like kuiu stuff when cutting weight.

Stone Glacier, Black Ovis, Darn Tough .... Frontier Gear ...
I do have Kuiu Chugach but that is going to be replaced with Grundens or Helly Hanson this off season. Or added to at least.
I like wool and the SG team has done nothing but been fantastic with every questions, problem, concern I've had for 2.5 years.

I'm tough on hunting clothes. I don't wear any fancy brands because they're too expensive to ruin. I wear Habit Outdoors that I take to a tailor and have them adjusted to fit me. I spent $25 to have the Cedar Branch Insulated Waterproof Bibs and Cedar Branch Insulated Waterproof Jacket altered to fit me comfortably. For less than $200 I have very comfortable outerwear that if I tear them in a stone blind or otherwise damage them I'm not out great deal of money. They've served me well for two very cold duck hunting seasons. For base layers I wear Rogers merino wool. I like the Rogers brand of clothing as well. Don't know who makes it for them, but it's really good stuff at great prices. Darn Tough Socks on my feet. 686 gloves.

Last edited:
Back