Caribou Gear Tarp

What hunting clothing brand do you use??

What brand of clothing do you wear?

• Sitka

Votes: 45 23.7%
  • First Lite

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • Kuiu

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Badlands

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Kings Camo

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Cabelas/Bass Pro

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Multiple brands

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Hand me downs

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Blue jeans and flannels

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters

Scott85

What brand of clothing do you wear and why? Has it been good to you? Have you switched brands? What do you look for when picking a clothing brand?

I wear Kuiu, FL, Artic Shield and some Cabelas. If I can get a good deal on some Sitka pieces I will give them a go.
KUIU I like the fit, durability, and weight of their stuff. FL is very comfortable but not as durable as I would have expected and their insulation garments aren't as warm as I would have thought. FL merino socks are possibly the best I have found. Artic Shield has some great stuff for cold tree stand/blind hunting but would not use it for stalking or Western hunting where you will be on the move. I have some older Cabelas items that have held up over years of abuse but from my understanding that type of product from them are no more.

I wear kryptek Highlander bow hunting in the fall (mainly because I have the lightweight gear) or when I’m in any rocky terrain glassing..
Max 1 sagebrush camo otherwise.

PSA WTB polyester max 1 pants size 32-34 waist 😂

Beg to differ, $240 Sitka and kryptek pants rip and tear just as easy if not easier than Walmart mossy oak. I’d rather buy the same pants 5 times and still be ahead financially… cost and value. My opinions are probably the most hated on HT though 😜

Beg to differ, $240 Sitka and kryptek pants rip and tear just as easy if not easier than Walmart mossy oak. I’d rather buy the same pants 5 times and still be ahead financially… cost and value. My opinions are probably the most hated on HT though 😜
The wrangler outdoor stretchy pants are awesome and I would say they are almost as nice if not nicer then $120 kryptek pants

Most know I’m a Badlands homer. A student’s parents bought me a Superday backpack as a thank you for tutoring their son in 01. It actually is the only piece of gear that ever “failed me” from them. A zipper pull busted after 10 years. I called to ask for advice and they mailed me a new pack. My two Superdays are still in action with others, while I bumped up to a 2200 for most endeavors. Their customer service won me over.

I own a pile of their gear and none has failed me. I especially love that they offer tall stuff in many pieces for tall guys like me.

Lately I've bought several items of the store-brand clothing from Midway. Perhaps I don't #KeepHammering enough, but I've been happy for myself and my family.

Does it mean I'm not cool if all I own from any of the poll choices is one baseball cap (Sitka) and two pairs of pants (Cabela's)?

QQ

My wife and I mix and not necessarily match. Cabela's, Johnson Woolen Mills, Carhartt, Military surplus, and last year we bought each other Sitka Jetstream jackets.

I have my hand me downs from dad & uncle I wear still, wool.
Gone through the Cabellas ,army surplus & off brand stuff.
3 years ago I was waiting for a Sitka or Kuiu sale and SKRE had a sale. So I went for it.
I really like being comfortable and warm. The merino stuff is fine for warm weather.
So I wear my good 200g merino and my army surplus wool sweater under the base set.
The Skre gear is comfortable and blends in great in NM.
If it's really cold I'll wear my old wool coat or my down parka to get warm. My old Gander Mtn waterfowl parka is still bombproof in NM but some good raingear is needed. The old Cabellas stuff is shot.

I’ve accumulated a good amount of first lite over the years and definitely prefer it over the cotton clothes I use to wear. My first couple archery elk hunts I wore my whitetail hunting clothes and was pretty miserable when I got wet or sweat soaked. That stuff just wouldn’t dry.
I’m happy with my purchase of FL, just wish the Hushin crew wasn’t always crying in the same clothes. Makes me cringe.

Tried multiple brands over the years. Probably something from them all. Several years ago I switches to Kuiu and saw what i was missing. I know their clothes doesn't fit everyone, but it fits me better than anything else. I have used their raingear in hunts in the coast of Oregon where it never quit raining for a week to really hot temps in Colorado. I have never had a piece tear or any issues. I wear many pieces of their clothes for casual and work. I like the various temperature clothing options they offer.

I do several backpack hunting trips a year and its all I ever wear.

Base layers for me made the biggest difference, my favorite have been first lite. There’s a trade off tho because I also feel they are a little less durable but more comfortable. I have darn tough socks and a couple pairs of the kenetreks and both have been good. I have a mixture of outer stuff, (some drake, Sitka, FL, UA, older cabelas) whatever works for the particular weather I’m in but the base is pretty consistent. I also share that Randy policy about never paying retail so unfortunately most of mine doesn’t match…

I wear mostly kuiu, outerwear anyway. I like the fit and the solid colors I comes in. I don't like cammo. Thinking of making the switch to blue jeans and flannel though.

Kuiu pants, First Lite Suspenders, Costco socks, Sitka shirt. Whatever is on clearance and looks like it will work.

Back