Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What hunting clothing brand do you use??

What brand of clothing do you wear?

• Sitka

Votes: 45 23.7%
  • First Lite

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • Kuiu

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Badlands

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Kings Camo

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Cabelas/Bass Pro

Votes: 29 15.3%
  • Multiple brands

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Hand me downs

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Blue jeans and flannels

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters
100%, merino or the bamboo material FreeFly use smells waaaaaaay less than cotton, and an order of magnitude better than polyester. Synthetics in general stink the most.

Merino or synthetic will dry much faster than cotton as well.

If your not backpack hunting, or if your changing your clothes there probably isn't much advantage, but if you're hunting 5 days straight in a shirt/boxers it's nice to have merino.

This ^^

I've wore mainly king camo the last few years I have some of their cheaper stuff and I have a pair of their expensive pants with built in knee pads and love them. Got a little cabelas gear to I think jus a jacket and a couple shirts. Next time I buy another pair of pants ill pry buy a pair of kuiu cuz if like to try them all I've heard is good about them.

100%, merino or the bamboo material FreeFly use smells waaaaaaay less than cotton, and an order of magnitude better than polyester. Synthetics in general stink the most.

Merino or synthetic will dry much faster than cotton as well.

If your not backpack hunting, or if your changing your clothes there probably isn't much advantage, but if you're hunting 5 days straight in a shirt/boxers it's nice to have merino.
Idk, I feel like the kuiu merino hoodie I have is really warm and just gets kinda heavy when it’s wet.
Nike dri fits weigh nothing and just seem to be made of a much lighter material and they dry really fast.
And they’re only $20 as opposed to $50-$90.
If it looks like it’s gonna be hot this year I think I’m just gonna throw on a gray dri fit that matches my pack and see how it goes 🤷‍♂️

Idk, I feel like the kuiu merino hoodie I have is really warm and just gets kinda heavy when it’s wet.
Nike dri fits weigh nothing and just seem to be made of a much lighter material and they dry really fast.
If it looks like it’s gonna be hot this year I think I’m just gonna throw on a gray dri fit that matches my pack and see how it goes 🤷‍♂️
Dri-fit is like 1/2 synthetic right? I like my free fly shirt for early season/summer, as it's super light... some of the first lite stuff is similarly light, though the bamboo seems to hold together better than merino in the super light fabrics.

I agree the Kuiu merio is a bit heavier... I have a couple shirts that I use in the middle to late fall.

I will say all of the above suck for bugs, mosquitos will go right through merino... so that's a reason to go synthetic, otherwise if you're in a buggy spot your hiking in your rain gear all day.

... I think the dri-fit probably works great.

I do also have some Black Ovis merino (hoodie, gloves, etc) that have performed well and were had for a good deal.off camofire

I am currently using Kuiu. I like the fit, material and the camo patterns that they offer. I like that I can layer to be as warm or as cool as I need and yet not be bulky. The downside is the expense. At this time I don’t think I would trade for any other brand.
Good

Baselayer merino makes me itch like crazy, so I use poly / synthetic lightweight baselayer just like dri-fit. Works, just stinks like hell after a couple days.

If I could find bamboo baselayer in tall sizes I'd be interested to learn more.

Can also knock down some of the residual stink between wears from poly / dri-fit by running white vinegar in the fabric softener function of washing machine

Walmart wrangler pants x 4
Black ovis and assorted merino
Skre outfit
Plythal outfit (may not still be in business?)
Under armour rain clothes
Assorted down clothes
Assorted bass pro, midway, etc.

The wrangler flexwaist outdoor pants are the best hiking pants for the money. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong, plain and simple.
They are. One can argue about the ethics of walmart as a company and/or choose to patronize another company on the merits of their contribution to the local economy, conservation, etc. But the fact remains that $23 for these pants is an incredible deal.

They are. One can argue about the ethics of walmart as a company and/or choose to patronize another company on the merits of their contribution to the local economy, conservation, etc. But the fact remains that $23 for these pants is an incredible deal.
I get them straight from Wrangler anytime they do a buy-one-get-one-50% off sale. I've probably got 7 or 8 pairs at this point, lol

I wear these a lot for work. The ones with the mesh under arms and sides are the bees knees. Most synthetic or synthetic blend shirts break me out, especially UA. Don’t have that issue with the Nike stuff.

I wear these a lot for work. The ones with the mesh under arms and sides are the bees knees. Most synthetic or synthetic blend shirts break me out, especially UA. Don’t have that issue with the Nike stuff.
I don’t like the ua as much as I like the dri fit either.
Whichever ua shirts I have are a heavier material.

Well I started this thread to try and narrow down what brand I wanted to go with to rebuild my collection but I’m still on the fence between kuiu, stone glacier and now Sitka since they are offering stuff in solids.

I may be switching some Sitka pieces with Kuiu at some point. Sitka's Ground Forest pattern was the best for anyone who hunts thick dark timber. Subalpine sticks out and EVII also when hunting on the ground. I might be getting some Kuiu Verde tops. I think the Ground Forest Pattern would've taken off had they done any marketing in North America.

I have a metric crap-ton of Sitka. Love the fit and comfort. It’s weathered a lot of Texas brush and mesquite, and handled the Wyoming hunts easily. Never ripped or leaked. And I’m comfortable no matter the conditions.

Sat in a tree in a fluke snowstorm during an Alberta bear hunt snug and warm. Early season deer in Texas, cool and mosquito free. White out blizzard punching geese in Sask - luxury.

Don’t be judgey, I have never paid retail. Everything I have was either used or at least 50% off.

I wear Kuiu, FL, Artic Shield and some Cabelas. If I can get a good deal on some Sitka pieces I will give them a go.
KUIU I like the fit, durability, and weight of their stuff. FL is very comfortable but not as durable as I would have expected and their insulation garments aren't as warm as I would have thought. FL merino socks are possibly the best I have found. Artic Shield has some great stuff for cold tree stand/blind hunting but would not use it for stalking or Western hunting where you will be on the move. I have some older Cabelas items that have held up over years of abuse but from my understanding that type of product from them are no more.
I stopped buying Cabela clothing about 10, maybe 15, years ago. I had a nice Cabela's parka that had "Lifetime Warranty" label sewn onto the jacket's lining just inside the zipper. The zipper tore out from the parka at the bottom at about Year 7. I abused the heck out of that parka. Had become my lucky parka.

An outdoor sports show was in town that winter so I wore Ol' Lucky to the Cabela's booth. I expected I would get an address where I could send the parka away and good Ol' Lucky would arrive back to me with a fresh zipper. Nope, The Cabela's manager in charge that day at the booth said the Lifetime term was for the Lifetime of the jacket. I asked where I could find date stamped on the jacket since fair warning would be a fair way to make sure we all understood "Lifetime" as made a purchase. Well, he smiled, everyone knows a parka is only supposed to last 2 or 3 years. He offered me $100 coupon. I refused. I wanted a new zipper sewn in the parka. Was my lucky parka. If a clothing retailer is going to the trouble to sew a patch in a jacket or parka or hat saying Lifetime Warranty yet that is not the life of the owner then there better damn well instead say warranty valid though December 31, 2004 or whatever. Ol' Lucky went to my Dry Cleaner and she sewed in a zipper. I switched to LL Bean for my next parka to wear to fancy things but Ol' Lucky stayed my go-to parka until I became circumferentially challenged.

I stopped buying Cabela clothing about 10, maybe 15, years ago. I had a nice Cabela's parka that had "Lifetime Warranty" label sewn onto the jacket's lining just inside the zipper. The zipper tore out from the parka at the bottom at about Year 7. I abused the heck out of that parka. Had become my lucky parka.

An outdoor sports show was in town that winter so I wore Ol' Lucky to the Cabela's booth. I expected I would get an address where I could send the parka away and good Ol' Lucky would arrive back to me with a fresh zipper. Nope, The Cabela's manager in charge that day at the booth said the Lifetime term was for the Lifetime of the jacket. I asked where I could find date stamped on the jacket since fair warning would be a fair way to make sure we all understood "Lifetime" as made a purchase. Well, he smiled, everyone knows a parka is only supposed to last 2 or 3 years. He offered me $100 coupon. I refused. I wanted a new zipper sewn in the parka. Was my lucky parka. If a clothing retailer is going to the trouble to sew a patch in a jacket or parka or hat saying Lifetime Warranty yet that is not the life of the owner then there better damn well instead say warranty valid though December 31, 2004 or whatever. Ol' Lucky went to my Dry Cleaner and she sewed in a zipper. I switched to LL Bean for my next parka to wear to fancy things but Ol' Lucky stayed my go-to parka until I became circumferentially challenged.
Darn shame when a company pulls that crap. I am not a "brand loyal" guy. If a company makes durable and reliable stuff, stands behind their products and shares the same views as me then I will do my best to support them.

Back