What Hunting Boots do you wear?

Danner Canadian - no support, leak, crap
Lowa sheep hunter - good boot, still use occassionally
Kenetrek ME - no support, blisters, sold one pair and maybe second pair still in closet and not used
Scarpa Triolet - light, great support, wore them out and would buy another pair in a second if they still carried them
Scarpa Grand Dru - great support, but a little heavy. With my wimpy ankles I will be using them again this year.

I’m using Schnee’s Beartooths this year. @mtmiller, any complaints other than weight with the Grand Dru? I’m looking at them for next year.

I’m using Schnee’s Beartooths this year. @mtmiller, any complaints other than weight with the Grand Dru? I’m looking at them for next year.
None. Just a little heavy. I bought some Asolos this year for field work, but rolled my ankle pretty bad 4 weeks ago, so back to the dependable G Dru.

Kennetrek 8” Insulated, a Pair of Zamberlan that look almost just like them, a softer pair of Lowa GTX also 8”

The Kennetreks have been very durable. Great ankle support.

Lowa Tibet, have been very solid and survived all the spiny things and lava rock in AZ. I just had them resoled.

I got Kenetrek ME 400s off ebay for $160, got 2 season on them and like them, mostly for snow or below freezing.

Tried Schnees Divide mid last year, been wearing them as my all day every day boot and have put a lot of hard use on them beyond hunting. Tread is still good and just a little bit of lifting on the rand after 13 months of abuse. Like them enough that when I saw their Granite mids which are similar on sale I grabbed a pair to dedicate to hunting only.

They're still on sale, code WELCOMEBACK for extra 15% off comes to $254, reg 450.

Lowa Tibet, Hoffman Explorers and Meindls.
Meindls are by far the most comfortable. The Hoffmans and Lowas have similar fit and feel for me. Stiff and good for steep terrain.

There are a lot of great boots but the first premium pair I tried on was Meindl Perfekt Hunters about ten years ago (sold by Cabela's back then). They were so good I never looked back and currently have two pair of Perfekt Hunters and one pair of the Perfekt Hikers...simply "outstanding" (pun intended). I use them for hunting, working around our place, and in our landscape tree business. They fit my feet perfectly and literally required no break-in. They are now available independent of Cabela's. Hope this helps.

I've had a lot of boots over the years. I think 4-5 pair if Meindl, every pair fit well, and also leaked under less than a year of use. One made it 4 days and sucked big time on a 14 day sheep hunt. I had a pair of Perfect hikers, that were bice, until I realized how little support they actually have when compared to a good stiff boot, but for lite hiking they are nice

Currently have 2 pair of Asolo Hunter Extremes but they're no longer made. Super boot for mountain hunting. I hope they bring them back.

You couldn't give me a pair of Kentreks. Every pair I've seen worn has failed fairly early on in their life. Their sole longevity sucks, if it doesn't fall off first. Saw that 2x... they are very stiff and give most people blisters. One pair stretched to the point that they couldn't be laced tight. They all leaked, and everyone said it took a 100 miles to really reak them in, then the sole is 1/2 worn out. How people spend 20% more for such boots make me a believer in marketing.

Lowa makes great boots very comfy and durable.I tried a pair of of Zamberlands for a while, very nice boots but too narrow of a sole, felt awkward hiking with heavy pack.

A couple buddies wear Scarpa and love them and abuse the hell out of them. I may get a pair next go round.

My wife has Crispi and Asolo. She really likes them both. She got 10 years out of her Asolos before replacing/upgrading and they are still waterproof!

Good boots are expensive, make sure they fit and feel good, most all high quality boots have good reputations... except Kentrek... they suck. :D

I’ve tried lots of boots and I’ve exclusively worn Schnee’s Beartooths for the past 4 years. I use them for everything except really cold temps because they aren’t insulated. They fit me very well and require little break in. I like a taller boot for ankle support. I have a weak left ankle. It’s always trying roll on me. I’m on my second pair.

I’ve worn a few different pairs of the Cabela’s Meindls (Perfekt Hunter and Hiker) for the past six years. The wides are very comfortable boots for my feet, which are really wide with a giant instep. I haven’t been thrilled with the way they’ve held up though. The sole began separating on my first pair of Hikers almost immediately, and Cabelas replaced them—this was at the tail end of when they actually did stuff like that. Also, the waterproofing was shot on the Hunters in their first season. I wish they were more durable, because they really are comfortable.

Thanks to @kwyeewyk posting about the Schnees sale, I’ve got a pair of Granite Mid Lites coming this week. Hoping they fit well and hold up longer than the Meindls.

Danner pronghorn, will be buying kennetrek or crispi before I head west again.
Do they leak like a sieve like all the pairs of danner pronghorns I’ve had? I’ve sent a few pairs back cause they leaked so bad and the new pair they sent me leaked just as bad. I’ve been using a pair of Asolo Hunter GV’s for the last few years for hunting out west and they’ve impressed me for the money. But I don’t think they are being sold anymore, which figures.

Do they leak like a sieve like all the pairs of danner pronghorns I’ve had? I’ve sent a few pairs back cause they leaked so bad and the new pair they sent me leaked just as bad. I’ve been using a pair of Asolo Hunter GV’s for the last few years for hunting out west and they’ve impressed me for the money. But I don’t think they are being sold anymore, which figures.
Didnt leak too terrible that I recall but last time I was in montana was the first time I really covered some miles and ouch!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back