What Hunting Boots do you wear?

Kenetrek felt like some kind of medieval torture device on my feet.
One thing people should be aware of is that Kenetrek stock insoles have a high arch, so if you don't have high arches you'll definitely want to change insoles. When I first tried them on in the store I could barely stand up in them they hurt so bad, but with their cushion low arch insoles they're great for me.

Meindl Vakuum. Best boots I’ve ever owned. I’m on my 3rd pair over the years. I’m really hard on boots and these hold up well and are very comfortable. Lots of support. Cabelas used to sell them but i can’t remember what they called them. You can order them from Meindl now. My podiatrist calls them the chukar hunting boots. He has several patients who hunt chukar that wear them. Man, spell check does not like the name Meindl…. Lol

Crispi Nevada (uninsulated) for me. Well built and comfortable right out of the box…no break in period needed.

Lowa Tibet for mountain hunting. Lowa Renegades for light hiking, antelope hunting, etc..

Danner Pronghorns. I've got a couple pair with different insulation ratings but my favorite are my light weight ones with side zips.

Kennetrek ME uninsulated. I run warmer then most though.

It really all depends on your feet. I have a friend that bought a pair of Kennetreks and can't wear them bc they fit him so poorly.

I really like my Irish Setter Vaprtreks. I know the general consensus seems to be that you need a premium boot. I have no experience with boots over $300, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but I'm going to keep buying Vaprtreks until they fail me. I hike in my uninsulated ones all summer and use them in the early hunting season. When the daytime temps turn south of about 20 degrees, I wear the 400g insulated ones. They aren't a tall boot, so I pair them with gaiters in the snow. They are lightweight and easy to wear for miles at a time, keep my feet reasonably warm, and haven't yet leaked.

Lowa Tibets for cold ,steep country. 4 or 5 years on them & still like new.
Lowa Camino's for warmer times & they have turned into my everyday work/hike/hunt boots.2 years of everyday...need to give them a treatment soon.

Danner pronghorn, will be buying kennetrek or crispi before I head west again.
How do you like the pronghorns? I've been trying to find a decent pair of boots, local store has these in my size. Nobody has any inventory for my size.

How do you like the pronghorns? I've been trying to find a decent pair of boots, local store has these in my size. Nobody has any inventory for my size.
NVM, checked others reviews...seems like they leak.

Schnee's Timberline for Summer and Fall, Beartooth 200g for winter and cold weather with proper socks.

They fit well and breaking was exceptional. Just had their Labor Day Weekend sale and picked up 4 pairs of boots plus a lot of goodies for a "fair" price for exceptional boots.

Yah there alright for the first 15 miles after that not so much.
Well, that's kind of worthless.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the $250 and under club?
Not trying to freeload info, here's a few I've read good reviews on:
Rocky bearclaw
Lacrosse atlas
Lacrosse lodestar
Irish setter vaprtrek

Main use will be pronghorn, mule deer, upland bird.

Well, that's kind of worthless.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the $250 and under club?
Not trying to freeload info, here's a few I've read good reviews on:
Rocky bearclaw
Lacrosse atlas
Lacrosse lodestar
Irish setter vaprtrek

Main use will be pronghorn, mule deer, upland bird.
More of a mountain boot, but this is a hell of a deal if they fit. @Bambistew I think these are the ones you mentioned.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back