Caribou Gear Tarp

What Hunting Boots do you wear?

Meindl Comfort Fit Hunter. Rare that my screwed up feet like any footwear, so I'm sticking with them.

Whatever you do, don't buy boots with nylon fabric lace loops! Unless hiking groomed trails, those won't last a season. Brush eats them up. Pretty much screwed when they give out. Skip the one that gives out and added stress on loop next to it causes that one to go too.

@RojoGrande - not picking on your here, just askin' the world.

Ok all you experts. What is the actual source and science on this? I've seen and heard this quoted as 1 to 3, 1 to 5, and 1 to 8.
Obviously the weight of your footwear matters, but is there an actual citation for quote?
No worries.

I've heard the saying for years in backpacking/thru-hiking as well as hunting forums, blogs, and articles. Marketing for all I know.

From my own experience going from full on leather hiking and hunting boots then moving to light weight trail runner type footwear, I find my feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back are way less sore and fatigued at the end of the day all else being equal. In my case, the saying is at least anecdotally accurate.

Whites and Hoffmans caulked pacs. Alows me to hunt in the downfall and the vertical rocks. Even airbobs won't work in that type of terrain and vibrams are ice skates.

Meindl Comfort Fit Hunters are my go to. Never found a other boot that fits my feet as well. I also bought a pair of the Comfort Fit Hikers this spring. For warmer weather hunts where I still need a stiffer sole I think they are going to be money.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back