What grinds my gears

As a middle aged man who has been referred to as "sonny" on this forum, I have never understood how flexing classic gear, fine walnut and faux quaintness is any different than a young gun parading their carbon fiber barrel and high end camo around. Seems one in the same to me. Everybody likes a little positive attention, it's human nature.

View attachment 172024

Let's face it your not a true bruh till this is in your starter kit. Grind all the gears you want in this bad boy.

Wonder how many people that see this thing rolling up a two track are second guessing their subscriptions to this outfit. They gotta be making a killing if they can piss money away like this.
You just kicked me right in the virtual dick. Mines not even out of the wrapper yet

image.jpg

As a middle aged man who has been referred to as "sonny" on this forum, I have never understood how flexing classic gear, fine walnut and faux quaintness is any different than a young gun parading their carbon fiber barrel and high end camo around. Seems one in the same to me. Everybody likes a little positive attention, it's human nature.

Some old stuff is cool, some new stuff is cool, and maybe televised hunting is not the place for high expectations.
It’s not any different. Both are posturing their superiority and equally annoying.

"Antiquing" and "Farmhouse" trends are making a roaring comeback in Good House Keeping magazines. Maybe the "Vintage" hunter will too on fresh tracks....

Sorry @wllm1313 no more La Croix and Starbucks Via Lattes while you're glassing through your $3500 Swaro setup on a $800 Outdoorsmans....... straight 10x power on a willow branch from here on out.
Vintage sheep hunters be like “ yessir that is a legal ram. “ 80BFBD17-594B-43CB-BEAD-02C296E7FC3E.jpeg

YOU think "Back in the day" If they had the advancements we have now they would have still stuck to their old crap?
I never cared for hand-crank cars and all sitting in the wood shack playing songs on my moonshine jug...
This is funny.

Been binging YouTube hunting videos since I finally upgraded and got one of them there smart TV’s. I’ve seen some good and a lot of bad.

Good
Through social media and random gear trends there’s probably a lot of people getting exposed to the outdoors that may never have before. Hopefully more first hand experience more educated people = more respect.

Bad
Every person thinks they’re KUIU sponsored pro staff whatever. These same people think they can shoot 700-1000yrds because they saw it on a YouTube video. One of my biggest peeves other than being on time is inexperienced long distance shooting. I’m not a fan of long range to begin with as it defeats the purpose and skill of a stalk but now you add in idiots just launching led. Shooting 1000 yrds is cool and all but I’m guessing 99% of amateurs are out there wounding animals instead of putting in the work to check wind, topog, cover and surroundings.

end rant
I hear yeah. I grew up thinking I’d never shoot over 300 yards. I’m looking to start practicing out to like 700 so that I can hunt 400-500 as I see value in that for Sheep Hunting. I’d like to get a Dall Sheep and was inside 450 yards multiple times this last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back