What do you like in a outdoor show

Hntnhrd

I was just on a hunt were there was a film crew. We started talking about what they air for shows and how do they choose what they want to film.
I told them if I see one more quail hunting or bass fishing show I was going to shoot my Tv.
Apparently they have to come up with 12 shows for a season. They then try to do them all as cheap as they can. We had a horse go lame so we had to rent one more and it was going to cost the show owner an extra 100 bucks. The camera guy had to call him and he said he would think about it and call him back. Seemed crazy to me. Miss the kill shot on a two part show for the lack of 100$. Is there really that little profit margain in these shows?
Anyway just wondering what people like to see. I like the elk hunts and africa stuff. Brown bear is cool. I tried like hell to find some sort of DVD or show that had Oryx hunting so I could have some refernece for my NM hunt. Nothing. I love TUrkey hunting but once you see a have dozen die on film they all seem about the same.

But it started to make since when you see deer hunts, turkey hunts, "QUAIL" that they are inexpensive hunts with high success.

Anyway what are the best shows you have seen? I saw one on Cabela's Outfitter Journal where they killed a charging sow grizz at like 10 feet. Great footage.

Can't stand that babbling Garrison gal who always seems to end up in a bikini top or a giggling fit while stalking a cape buff. Pure Bfreakin'S.

Me to I hate seeing that Garrison lady as well. I won't give her air time when she is up next. I just flip the channel. I like to see the side of the person thats been hunting for a few days and is grumpy. Hey make it real. show parts leading up to the hunt. Turkey don't do nothing for me. Moose,elk thumbs up. Deer hunt that don't have a thousand deer in the shot. make it look to easy,More bloopers. I like to see trout fishing and shore cooking in a show.ok enought babbling on.

Sheep ! Sheep ! Sheep! any kind of sheep hunting and then Ibex. Give me a hunt on Marco Polo sheep and Im glued to the screen. hump

I'd like to see some where some of these... "Hunters"... sneak up on some thing and poke a knife or spear into it

Some thing bigger than a rabbit....

I like the grumpy hunter idea. Most shows are expensive hunts, and you know the guy is going to get whatever he is hunting. The bloopers are great that's why I like watching Tred Barta he shows his mistakes

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle419
Back