What did you stock up on?

2rocky

I KNOW none of you hoarded TP.

But I did get an extra bottle of Maker's Mark and an extra case of beer.

Did our Normal Monthly Costco run about a week before the shenanigans but not because of it. I keep an eye on the specials and stock up on meat when they go on sale. Had some TBones for 4.99 per pound from last month. There is also 3 racks of pork ribs and a 3 pack of tri tip roasts in the freezer

I was also curious if any of you keep a full pantry as a normal course of life (LDS?) Expand on that if you would...

Our pantry stays stocked with essential, non perishables as a matter of practically, not necessarily from any religious belief.

Living two hours from major population centers, cheaper groceries, and a growing family, means stocking up on supplies when we’re close to Costco.

So far I haven’t changed a single shopping habit due to the virus.

I am currently trying to both passage to

Almost North Dakota, not quite Canada.

I will have Red Wine, cheese and crackers in my carry on for the trip.

Come on over! How big a drinker are ya? Are we talking sip and watch the sunset, or dance on the tables? 😉

Nevermind. I’ve got plenty for both.

Come on over! How big a drinker are ya? Are we talking sip and watch the sunset, or dance on the tables? 😉

Nevermind. I’ve got plenty for both.

Thank you (-;
If I am allowed to choose, and since my dancing on the table days are over, I choose watching the sunset until dark and then watching some one else dance on the table---preferably a young, attractive, male--someone else, (-: Of course all this has to happen before eight, nine at the latest or I will be asleep

I am currently trying to both passage to

Almost North Dakota, not quite Canada.

I will have Red Wine, cheese and crackers in my carry on for the trip.
What?
You are where?
How did you manage that?
Spain is in a state of emergency and you got back to the US, do tell us how you managed that?

I stocked up for our Brexit fiasco, and my wife laughed at me, who's laughing now?!
Canned food, dried goods, and TP!
In addition, booze, but that didn't last very long!

Last edited:
Like others on here, our freezers are full of elk, lope, deer, a little upland, and walleye. Traded my neighbor some ground elk for Alaskan salmon and halibut. I also enjoy smoking wings and ribs quite a bit so once every few months we buy bulk at Sam's Club. We rarely purchase meat at the grocery store so this hasn't changed anything. We did buy a couple months worth of coffee, beer, tortilla chips, taco seasoning packs, and frozen veggies. Fresh avocados are something I will miss for a while...

Granola Bars. has absolutely nothing to do with the Virus . My husband always has a supply of Granola Bars.

April, after all of this craziness is over, maybe we will both try to have a drink or two with Hunting Wife.

Hunting Wife, looks good :love:

Only recently has the Virus reached us in the frozen North and only a couple of cases, so far. A few more throughout Canada, but the Territories have been lucky so far

I have a couple of freezers of game meat and fish, plus 2 chest freezers full of meat I find on sale throughout the year at my little market. Chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks, western pork ribs, pork butt roasts, some beef steaks, and a couple of turkeys. Throughout the year I stock up on pantry goods when they come on sale. Pastas, sugar, flour, coffee, cornmeal, canned goods, and frozen veggies. I also stock up on paper goods throughout the year, not as a hoarder, but as a single man with a plan just in case something like this came to fruition. I'm not hurting for anything. About the only thing I need every few weeks is dog food. I don't stock up on it sue to mice, but I can still find it when I need it. So, with a little planning ahead, you can go through stuff like this and not panic, and even help people in need. I have mailed my sister toilet paper and paper towels and some pantry stuff. When I go to my little market in town and wander around a bit to see if there's anything that strikes my fancy, I keep a couple of rolls of toilet paper and a pack of baby wipes in my truck for if I see an elderly person or mom with kids wandering the empty aisle, I'll follow them out of the store and ask if they needed toilet paper and if they do I will give them the couple of rolls I brought with me. I don't feel like a hero or anything, but I don't mind giving back to my community that has welcomed me with open arms since the day I moved here.

Patience, elk meat, dog food, building products to finish several ongoing projects...and .22 ammo, for entertainment and survival

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back