What Bino harness are you running

I have an Alaska Guide Creations, but have recently purchased a Sitka Bino Bivy. I will be trying the Sitka on my October Elk hunt, but so far I really like it. I looked at the new Sitka bino harness. I know you can remove the side pouches, but it looks really big and bulky.

I’ve been run an AGC and like the pack, but the harness sucks. Just got the wife the new enclosed marsupial gear pack and she’s liking it a lot. i tested it out and it definitely stays on place better than the agc, and the flip down magnet flap is pretty nice. I’m going to replace the AGC harness with the padded marupial harness so that it isn’t always hanging to low on me. I do like the bigger front pocket on my AGC compared to the marsupial. No perfect harness, just need to pick one with the feature you want.

I have the AGC max C.U.B, had it for years, love it. It hold all the stuff I need. Tags in the back, range finder on the front, wind checker on the side, chapstick/lighter on the other side pocket. Knife and extra blades on the bottom.

Then today I ordered the medium Marsupial... because Ive been eyeballing it for a year or more and decided I’d try it.

Originally a AGC. Found it to be bullet proof but bulky. Switched to the old style Marsupial. Love it for most of my hunting. i might consider buying the new style. But I havent had any issues with the old style that is not fully enclosed. If I was riding my atv in dusty conditions I might grab my AGC. But for walking around with my backpack or a stand hunt I use my Marsupial.

I use a AGC Denali. I can fit a 10 x 42 vortex crossfire in the main pouch and my rangefinder in the small pouch in front. It also has two small side zip pockets for calls, lens cleaning wipe, etc. Have had zero issues with it.

I ended up with a pair of 10x50 slc so I’ll see what harness fits the binos and me best. Thanks for all the replies

FHF all the way, especially since there a local company. Ive got one for my vortex razor uhd's and haven't had a complaint yet. just ordered the pouch for the rangefinder as well for this season.

Most time's I don't even carry binoculars so know little about harness's for them. But few years ago I was taking picture's at pointing dog field trial's. Have a Nikon D7000 and use a Nikon 55-300 lens, actually pretty heavy to carry around all day and a camera strap s*ck's for carrying. Got to thinking a binocular harness was the way to go, spread the weight out on my shoulder's. Got a Nikon harness. First time out the camera bounced all over due to the straps being made of elastic. Went home and got some 1" nylon strap and completely replaced the straps, end of problem. I don't know if all the harness's have elastic straps or not. I'd sure look for a harness with nylon straps or leather though. I'd really avoid any strap made with elastic. I imagine binocular's would bounce around same as my camera did.

I use the one that came with my Vortex binocs because they are free and I wanna look like Daddy Rinella.

Just received my first bino harness.

FHF w/ range finder pouch
Scouted some public ground for a deer stand and tested it out.
So far I like it, but I'm definitely glad I lost 50lbs this year. I dont think a bigger guy would fit in it.

I grew up having to dig binos out of bags or loosely hanging from your neck, beating on everything and making a bunch of racket.

A harness sure beats that.

So I bought a cheaper tidewave binocular harness off amazon. It seemed like it was a good deal and would work but after trying it on it hangs real low and is pretty floppy. Is this normal or is it my payment for a cheap off brand? I think I can bust out the needle and thread to make it stay a bit more snug. Guess I should have taken the advice in this thread and bought a well known one.

Attachments

• 019536F8-9054-462B-8485-2BEAEDA6245A.jpeg
    019536F8-9054-462B-8485-2BEAEDA6245A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
I'm almost one season in with my AGC. Made in the United States of America was a big selling point. mtmuley

First season with my AGC as well. First bino harness, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it has met all my needs.

I run the Horn Hunter bino Harness since 2014 and really like it. The main pouch stays tight to your chest, it has both a hook/loop system and a magnet for the range finder, and pockets on the other side for anything. For my 15x56's I usually pack those in my MR daypack on top of the crew cab. My 8x40's go in the bino pouch. Those 15's are heavy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back