What are your goals for DEER this year?

Nut

Since I don't hunt Elk.....;)

My personal goal for deer this year is the same as last year...

#1 priority is still to help my wife get her 1st deer....last year she at least took her first shot and also had her first miss....:rolleyes: ;) :D

#2...be there with my boys when they get a deer.........:cool:

My personal goal for a antlered deer is a 6 pointer(3x3). Not much for scoring but it would be my biggest.....

One 4x4 muley in Oregon, and one 4x4 muley in Washington. Not sure how picky I will be on the actual size, chances are the first few days of each hunt I may pass on anything that's less than 23 to 24 inches wide. I've got 9 days to hunt in Oregon, and of course I'm paying non-resident fees, so I'm thinking I won't be shooting anything until the last 2 days unless it's a damn good one. In Washington, I won't be quite so picky, although we do have a 3 point minimum, so I definitely won't be shooting no spikes. :D

I'll probably shoot the first buck I see that looks like this one...

co_buck_6.sized.jpg

But since I'm hunting with a muzzy this year, probably let the air ouf of the first 150"er I see...

Cali- Tag #1...brown; Tag #2- "Mature" blacktail
Ory-gun OTC archery.....decent 4x4 if possible (new unit for me).

A nice 151" Nebraska Whitetail in November. This year in Louisiana they are trying out a new 3 bucks and 3 Does, as opposed to 6 deer period. This way we don't have to work around "Doe Days". Mostly, just to have fun with my son and friends at the "Lodge" John

I'm heading to WY for the first time this year, I hope to shoot a buck. I plan to take a deer (or two if I draw the buck tag) in IA with the smoke pole. My biggest goal is to take a nice buck in MN with my crossbow along with a couple does.

Goal here in Utah is a mature 4x4. This is my first rifle hunt. I want to hold out for a good one and I'll know it when I see it. I hunted this area 2 yrs ago with a smoke pole and passed on 20+ bucks. Hopefully the big-boy shows up this year.

Andy

Archery hunting this year here in WA. so any 3pt. or better will do for me. Off to Montana some time in Nov. and will be a heck of a lot pickier over there. Not much of a score guy either, but hopefully I'll know which one when I see him.

Gonna be fun either way.....can't wait!!

Bambistew, great picture... it says it all -really beautiful buck too.
Where do I start on this issue? During the last hour of daylight on the last day of the coastal blacktail season last year, I talked myself out of shooting a 24h X24w (12 inch forks) forkedhorn (no eyeguards= 4point eastern count)... absolute monster of a buck. Spotted his horns sticking up out of the brush as I was sneaking along. Only problem was -he was 200 yards over the fence on someone else's property. Getting busted in this instance wasn't an option. Most of my weekends this fall are going to be spent getting set up for this particular buck. I've got a pretty good idea where he might show up when he jumps the fence onto our side. I'll be ready.
As far as muleys are concerned, all of my bonus points are burning holes in my pockets. Who knows? Maybe Nevada or even California might cough up a tag. Things could go nuts if I pull tags for everything I applied for.

Bambistew, that looks like the buck I passed up in Colorado a couple years ago... You didn't shoot him before he had a chance to grow up did you??
You've got to let those things go if you want a big one! :D

Seriously though, I didn't draw a tag for Colorado this year, so I'll be taking my chances with a leftover tag again. A nice 4x4 should be realistic, but a nice tender fork had better not cross my path on the last day of season.

Hope for a 180 class mule deer in Montana & a 140 or better whitetail here in Indiana.

I have shot enough fork horns and had enough meat hunts. This year is all about the big boys and I cant wait. I am not trying to break any record, just want a wall hanger that won't get laughed at when I tell the story!

If I draw the muley tag I applied for I'll hold out for a 170 or better deer. If i don't draw and am hunting whitetails it has to be better than the last one was at 125.

My goal this year is to shoot a P&Y buck with my bow. That has haunted me for too long.

shoot one bigger than moosie or pappa moosie---

in CA it will depend where I end up going as to what I'll shoot--

in Idaho it will have to be big----chris

justdada said:
Bambistew, that looks like the buck I passed up in Colorado a couple years ago... You didn't shoot him before he had a chance to grow up did you??
You've got to let those things go if you want a big one! :D

I figured 200"+ was 'grown up" enough ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back