Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are you guys paying for gas?

A fortune. But at least Brandon is nice on Twitter 🙄

Shame on anyone that voted for this clownshow
I could care less if you like Uncle Joe or not, but he isn’t the one making eh decisions on US oil output.

I could care less if you like Uncle Joe or not, but he isn’t the one making eh decisions on US oil output.

Good read.

"It is a most unfortunate convergence of factors. Prices of WTI above $90 per barrel would have normally made everyone rush to drill. But even if they wanted, drillers can’t rush to drill, at least not as fast—or as cheap—as they used to. But it seems that investor concern remains the top priority for public companies."

"Yet shareholder satisfaction is not the only reason U.S. shale is holding back on production expansion. After all, there are plenty of private oil drillers in the U.S. shale patch that do not answer to shareholders. These are the companies that analysts see as leading the total increase in U.S. oil production, perhaps precisely because they don’t answer to shareholders"

Slight correction, private companies absolutely have shareholders, they're just not public. These groups, PE investors: Warburg, Kayne, Quantum, Lime Rock, NGP, Apollo, Carlyle, Encap in many ways took more a bath in 2020 than did the public market and IMHO are even more vehemently asking for returns not growth. IMHO you need to see a bunch of M&A activity (privates being bought, or going public) events which return money to these companies, before these companies will invest additional funds in the oil patch and/or tell their companies to grow production significantly.

"Yet shareholder satisfaction is not the only reason U.S. shale is holding back on production expansion. After all, there are plenty of private oil drillers in the U.S. shale patch that do not answer to shareholders. These are the companies that analysts see as leading the total increase in U.S. oil production, perhaps precisely because they don’t answer to shareholders"

Slight correction, private companies absolutely have shareholders, they're just not public. These groups, PE investors: Warburg, Kayne, Quantum, Lime Rock, NGP, Apollo, Carlyle, Encap in many ways took more a bath in 2020 than did the public market and IMHO are even more vehemently asking for returns not growth. IMHO you need to see a bunch of M&A activity (privates being bought, or going public) events which return money to these companies, before these companies will invest additional funds in the oil patch and/or tell their companies to grow production significantly.
It would be interesting to go back and read the posts here from the guys claiming that the Russians and the Saudi's were going to squash all the US O&G companies and run them out of business when the pandemic first started. Not quite working out that way, is it.

It would be interesting to go back and read the posts here from the guys claiming that the Russians and the Saudi's were going to squash all the US O&G companies and run them out of business when the pandemic first started. Not quite working out that way, is it.
Au contraire, I did and do think that, and I believe we are experiencing the after effects.

Public and private upstream companies went bankrupt, service companies took massive hits, PE and Wall Street took huge losses. Now we are on our back foot.

Oxy is up 130% in the last 6 months but their market cap is still less than what they paid for Anadarko.

Kayne-Anderson had a bunch of companies go under, then smash-coed the rest and it's value is I DK... 1/8 what the put into it?

Point being a ridiculous amount of money was lost... 2021 was better but not great, now we are 3 weeks into $100 and the expectation seems to be that the industry can hit the historic high + make up for Russian oil + add a bunch of production for export.

Tall order.

But yeah lol, man if Putin had just chilled he would have made waaaay more money once we started going on vacations to Europe again :)

The amount of market share Russia could have gained by sitting on their hands with US ESG goals...

Pro tip: dig in your wife’s clothing and shoes. Sell anything that looks expensive on Ebay. If she asks questions convince her she donated them to Goodwill last year.
Lol my wife loses money everywhere. Seriously I find 20s on the floor of her car. I used to give it back to her but anymore it slides into my pocket.

Going to be interesting to see what this does to folks hunting trips this fall . $5 gas could affect alot of people, me included
That's going to effect people packing up and heading to the shore for Memorial Day get aways. Come September it could be higher, that'll put a damper on hunting trips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back