Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are you guys paying for gas?

Filled up yesterday at $4.99 before going to St. Louis. Have to fill up again today...
Filled up my Cavalier's gas tank on Saturday. $32 for 6.4 gallons of no alcohol regular. $4.99 per gallon. The no alcohol version is 40-50 cents more per gallon. I filled up there Fleet n Farm because that place is one of the very FEW around here that doesn't require pre-pay and I won't use my CC at the pump. If I have to pre-pay I go inside. I have to make a sojourn to Mayo soon which I estimate that all in will be 500 miles. I estimate that with my Cavalier and $4.75 gas that it will be about $80.

Just curious, is this affecting anyones behavior? Reducing vacations, fishing or scouting trips, anything? Also, anyone worried about their job yet and storing money away like an October squirrel with acorns?

Just curious, is this affecting anyones behavior? Reducing vacations, fishing or scouting trips, anything? Also, anyone worried about their job yet and storing money away like an October squirrel with acorns?
I'm trying to drive less, but that's not always possible. I'm always worried about my job, it's a feast or famine business. Also I'm always trying to be the October squirrel but we do that every year for when work stops for the winter so maybe I'm the exception. Wife and I typically head up north for at least one weekend a year. Decided to do a staycation over memorial day. Not directly because of gas prices but more so overall prices. I know what your getting at and I have to agree that overall it doesn't seem to be slowing anyone down yet.

Not affecting employment, but job duties. It’s been passed on that we’re not supposed to have the patrol vehicles idling while running stationary radar. Nothing like setting in a vehicle when it’s 98° out during Kansas summer with a full uniform on.

A few sheriff‘s departments I know are advising deputy’s to limit patrol miles.

I drive slower now too. Take the 2 Lane Highway instead interstate. At 65mph my truck gets around 23mpg, at 77 on interstate I get 18.5

Not affecting employment, but job duties. It’s been passed on that we’re not supposed to have the patrol vehicles idling while running stationary radar. Nothing like setting in a vehicle when it’s 98° out during Kansas summer with a full uniform on.

The owner of the company I was working for was belly aching about machines idling the other day. Same guy who will do the same if it doesn't idle for at least 5 minutes before shutdown, oh well.

Just curious, is this affecting anyones behavior? Reducing vacations, fishing or scouting trips, anything?
Yes. I try and drive as little as I can. Finding closer alternatives for fishing. Fewer trips for longer duration. Use the trailhead right by my house instead of driving to a different one.

We have a big family vacation in August. I’ll work fishing into that instead of separate trips.
Also, anyone worried about their job yet and storing money away like an October squirrel with acorns?
No and kind of yes.

my van must be feeling sorry for me... Since the day I bought it, the max range when full has always been 398 miles. Today, after my first $100 fill up, it said 399 🤣

For sure. I will wait for anything non urgent until the wife gets home and we can take her car since she has a company car with free fuel. But it sucks when I want to go do my own thing. Definitely feeling it.

I drive slower now too. Take the 2 Lane Highway instead interstate. At 65mph my truck gets around 23mpg, at 77 on interstate I get 18.5
Hell yeah! We’re gonna make an incredible transition and defund the police at the same time!

Yes. I've parked my truck for all but truck things (taking the boat to the local lake 4 miles away). Just ordered another Subaru Crosstrek for my wife so we'll both have vehicles that get 35+mpg. Canceled an out of state fishing trip. Canceled my annual trip to the UP to band woodcock.

I'm a diesel mechanic at Cummins. We haven't seen a dramatic reduction in business yet but are expecting to as this continues. Low seniority mechanics have been told to save as much as possible in the realistic event that layoffs occur.

Yes. I've parked my truck for all but truck things (taking the boat to the local lake 4 miles away). Just ordered another Subaru Crosstrek for my wife so we'll both have vehicles that get 35+mpg. Canceled an out of state fishing trip. Canceled my annual trip to the UP to band woodcock.

I'm a diesel mechanic at Cummins. We haven't seen a dramatic reduction in business yet but are expecting to as this continues. Low seniority mechanics have been told to save as much as possible in the realistic event that layoffs occur.

That is awful.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back