What are you guys paying for gas?

The oil companies have good years and bad. Their profits as a percentage of their capital Expenditures are not great…. Compare the cost of bottled water to the cost of an equal quantity of gas or diesel and you will have your answer……. Oil is sold on the world market and it is a component of almost everything produced in modern life…….

i,lL pAy moRE fi It mEaNS sTicKinG it Ot PUTin. Der der.

Only moved up a nickel this morning to 4.55. If Goldman Sachs is correct and bent crude hits $140 hold onto your shorts.

Confused by all of this I am

only because demand is a component of inflation. so long as the consumer feels they can afford the price, even if it's pinching their wallets harder, prices can keep going up. if everyone suddenly gets 1400 dollars all off the sudden we add fuel to the demand side.

hence why the feds are trying stifle demand as a tool to combat inflation, i.e. interest rates.

View attachment 222238

Is it though? I can't say I know anyone who is actively reducing their gas consumption. Most folks are still road tripping on the weekend. I'm watching multiple groups of friends and family travel across the south west in motorhomes on social media.

Everyone is complaining about the gas prices. Nobody I know is changing their behavior because of them.

No signs of dropping off.

Screenshot_20220607-142502_Samsung Internet.jpg

only because demand is a component of inflation. so long as the consumer feels they can afford the price, even if it's pinching their wallets harder, prices can keep going up. if everyone suddenly gets 1400 dollars all off the sudden we add fuel to the demand side.

hence why the feds are trying stifle demand as a tool to combat inflation, i.e. interest rates.

Bingo

Confused by all of this I am

There is a pair of fine French skis on ebay, two FIBs want them. The final price is the max either is willing to pay. If one gets some extra money from a scratcher they will up their bid so the skis will sell for more.

At the end of the day though only 1 of them can have the skis.

If gas is $5.00 and $1.00 of the price is tax and you get a gas tax rebate check the price of gas with just go to $6.00 to match the buying power of the market.

The only way prices go down is increased supply or people get priced out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriel Knight
Back