What are you guys paying for gas?

I guess we just need to keep paying these high prices to keep the shareholders happy.;)

Energy giants Chevron Corp. and Exxon Mobil Corp. on Friday posted huge profits bolstered by sky-high gas prices and told investors that they plan to keep oil production mostly flat.

Chevron raked in $6.3 billion in the first quarter, quadrupling its profit from the same period last year, while Exxon brought in $5.5 billion, more than double last year’s first-quarter haul.

The oil and gas companies are among the biggest beneficiaries of soaring gas prices, which rose 44 percent in the U.S. over the last 12 months, according to AAA. Crude oil remains above $100 per barrel amid supply constraints stemming from the pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

I guess we just need to keep paying these high prices to keep the shareholders happy.;)

Energy giants Chevron Corp. and Exxon Mobil Corp. on Friday posted huge profits bolstered by sky-high gas prices and told investors that they plan to keep oil production mostly flat.

Chevron raked in $6.3 billion in the first quarter, quadrupling its profit from the same period last year, while Exxon brought in $5.5 billion, more than double last year’s first-quarter haul.

The oil and gas companies are among the biggest beneficiaries of soaring gas prices, which rose 44 percent in the U.S. over the last 12 months, according to AAA. Crude oil remains above $100 per barrel amid supply constraints stemming from the pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
I thought they were evil and needed to be shut down because of climate change? Or is that not a thing anymore?

I thought they were evil and needed to be shut down because of climate change? Or is that not a thing anymore?
I guess you've never heard of this word.

What does the word facetiously mean?

1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish just being facetious. 2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious a facetious remark.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back