What are you guys paying for gas?

$4.999999/gallon for diesel, I paid 5.029999999/gallon maybe two weeks ago.

It will be interesting how the whole work from home thing works out. If a significant percentage of white collar jobs evolve that direction it will certainly disrupt many things.

Certainly commuting costs will drop, child care costs as well. I could see reduced wardrobe costs for office attire, since fewer different professional looks are needed. I could see businesses that cater to the lunch crowd in downtowns taking a fairly big hit.

My niece and her husband recently relocated from Chicago to Denver. They were working remotely in Chicago and decided they would prefer Denver. They kept the jobs they had. Certainly, it was never an option for this retired boomer.

Proper names such as Poindexter, require capital letters no matter where they are found in a sentence.
Like I said, just like the proffesor. Sorry Buzz Lightyear, working at the moment auto correct and talk to text isn't up to your standards?

Inflation impacting renewable energy as well. $40 a megawatt for wind and solar energy agreements now. Not good.

"“This is leading to a shortage of power purchase agreements for corporations and other large energy buyers, which are critical to bringing new clean energy projects online and meeting corporate and federal net zero targets,” they explained.

This combination of developments has led to a 9.7-percent quarterly increase in the prices of power purchase agreements to almost $40 per MWh, and a 28.5-percent annual increase."

Rethinking the failing power grid. Locally produced and stored power is safer and more reliable.

"Vast sections of the country are becoming increasingly inhospitable for relatively fragile power transmission systems due to wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes and the line. And yes we can bury all these lines at enormous expense. But perhaps we should begin to entertain the alternative, namely that locally produced power, moving relatively short distances can enhance reliability without an undue cost burden."

Gas’ is down (not really since the drastic’ price increases since Joe was taking office,) 3.39 regular unleaded,,?

I know that I useing improper, apostrophes and punctuation and spelling and grammar but wannabe enGlish teachers are the worst

this whole work from home conversation seems like it was largely just another tradesman vs. corporate monkey debate veiled as a practicality of WFH debate.

everyone has an opinion but the realities won't change.

sure, employees won't get to hold all the power forever, especially if we slide into a recession. but the effects they had while they held power will be lasting on the dynamics of the workforce for probably ever.

i sure am glad i kept my trusty 29 mpg 1996 subaru alive with gas prices and my employer nixing the hybrid and WFH model.

Last edited:
this whole work from home conversation seems like it was largely just another tradesman vs. corporate monkey debate veiled as a practicality of WFH debate.

everyone has an opinion but the realities won't change.

sure, employees won't get to hold all the power forever, especially if we slide into a recession. but the effects they had while they held power will be lasting on the dynamics of the workforce for probably ever.

i sure am glad i kept my trusty 29 mpg 1996 subaru alive with gas prices and my employer nixing the hybrid and WFH model.
Translation: Mama TOGIE said "if you quit your job with a baby on the way, you will be sleeping under a cardboard box AND paying alimony. "🙂

Till then, Johnny Paycheck needs to keep his mouth shut.

oh believe me, she supports a job change, or even a career change. both are mulled over frequently.

till then suby roo will reliably cart me off to the ol office grind.

Filled the side by side up for the kids and the mower today $58. Diesel is exactly $1 over gas here today. Gas has came down about 35 cents since it peaked. Diesel has stayed right at the $5 mark though.

Last edited:
3.68 at most convenience stores in the big town. The price gouging so and so’s in my hometown which is 30 minutes away from the big town are at 3.92.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back