What are you guys paying for gas?

Not everyone wants to live remote, but is a potential problem. But how is that any worse than someone commuting from a house they can afford in Wellington Colorado, commuting into Denver? The housing built in Wellington stomped wildlife habitat too.
Driving time put a limit on just how far people are willing to travel. Take driving out of the equation no place is just too far away.

Your example is complex. Coca Cola isn’t a single person or thing. It is made up of many employees selling many products to many people. It was not possible for the company to believe or not the core tenets of BLM. But if customers substituted other products for their coke because they didn’t like KOs public stance on the subject then it matters to the shareholders. A company should try to play nice in the sand box (my bastardized description of the core concept of ESG). It does matter.
Exactly they played nice in the sand box. Nothing more than that. Did the customers demand for a societal change stance from KO make a difference in anyone's life other than the founders of BLM? No, it did not. Look, I get why the leadership of KO bends this way. I just don't feel that it is a solid long term business strategy. I have very little confidence in leadership that determines its path based on the loudest voices on Twitter.

I don't this this is accurate. I think people didn't want to live in a city during a pandemic, not that they wanted to live in the country.

Post pandemic I think (and we are seeing this) a rush back to cities.

I do get the point you are making, but I think the Midwest/rust belt is an entirely different set of circumstances.
Never said every one will want to leave the big cites. even if a tenth of the people in the big cities leave for the county it is a big impact.

they should.
I think what you are seeing is employers do not want to pay people full time $ for part time work. Employees love it, I can see why.

That's also much of what you see here as far as perspective.

This is also why most people are not self employed. They simply are not able to or simple don't want to work for themselves and have to live off what they can make while dealing with those responsibilities. They want a nice steady check for the same amount every month no matter what they do, but now they don't want to come to the office to earn it and employers are pushing back.

It's really interesting from a psychological perspective.

I think what you are seeing is employers do not want to pay people full time $ for part time work. Employees love it, I can see why.

This is also why most people are not self employed. They simply are not able to or simple don't want to work for themselves and have to live off what they can make while dealing with those responsibilities. They want a nice steady check for the same amount every month no matter what they do, but now they don't want to come to the office to earn it and employers are pushing back.

i think you're overthinking it.

it's a quality of life thing.

employee's want higher quality of life. employers want things to remain as they always have been. ergo the tension.

really not much more complicated than that.

Exactly they played nice in the sand box. Nothing more than that. Did the customers demand for a societal change stance from KO make a difference in anyone's life other than the founders of BLM? No, it did not. Look, I get why the leadership of KO bends this way. I just don't feel that it is a solid long term business strategy. I have very little confidence in leadership that determines its path based on the loudest voices on Twitter.
I would think the Twitter mob drinks more Lacroix anyway so why bow down to them?

Seems we have two threads in conflict. One about how housing prices have gone through the roof due to work from home availability and one about how gas prices are sky high because no one is allowed to work from home.
The cause of gas prices was a crash in demand due to people working remote for 2 years and now the current push back into the office and return of demand.

This is the primary cause of pricing, the pandemic.

You actually believe forcing people into an office produces 8 hours of work?

Hilarious....

and on, and on, and on.

You actually believe forcing people into an office produces 8 hours of work?

Hilarious....
Nobody is forcing them. Don’t like it find another job simple as that. Want to be the boss? take the risk and start your own company. Something you wouldn’t understand. Easy to spend the taxpayers money Buzz. Spend some of your own money and stick your neck out on that risk and see where you stand on it.

Nobody is forcing them. Don’t like it find another job simple as that. Want to be the boss? take the risk and start your own company. Something you wouldn’t understand. Easy to spend the taxpayers money Buzz. Spend some of your own money and stick your neck out on that risk and see where you stand on it.
As long as my employees do their job, I don't care how they do it or how long it takes.

RESULTS, not the how, when, or where.

Good luck retaining good employees with your "style". Its an employees market and that really stings you I see.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back