What are the deer/elk up to in your area?

Our deer have those fancy peanut vines to eat, they seem to prefer 'em to beans.
Peanuts are popular in eastern NC as well. I’m in the middle of the state. Corn, beans, and cotton are the primary crops here. Bears love those peanuts in the east as well.

Peanuts are popular in eastern NC as well. I’m in the middle of the state. Corn, beans, and cotton are the primary crops here. Bears love those peanuts in the east as well.
That's a novel thought to me. Our bear areas and our peanut growing areas don't overlap as much.

In central PA it’s been hot but we are getting some rain here and there. A lot of fawns this year and seeing some good bucks already.

The elk are taking it easy seeing them early morning or right at dark. A buddy of mine sent me this of a bull he saw a few weeks back. Hope to find his sheds.

Attachments

• 0D66FBC0-F4D6-4E75-BED9-12F43AA4212F.jpeg
    0D66FBC0-F4D6-4E75-BED9-12F43AA4212F.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
In central PA it’s been hot but we are getting some rain here and there. A lot of fawns this year and seeing some good bucks already.

The elk are taking it easy seeing them early morning or right at dark. Saw this guy a few weeks ago and he is going to be stud of a bull this year. Hope to find his sheds.
Thanks for sharing the picture. That's a fantastic bull. Imagine killing a whopper like that in an Eastern state. That'd be awesome.

I never put in for the elk draw here just hunt the sheds. It doesn’t seem like elk hunting to me though there are some giants here. 400 class bulls. I enjoy chasing them out west.

I never put in for the elk draw here just hunt the sheds. It doesn’t seem like elk hunting to me though there are some giants here. 400 class bulls. I enjoy chasing them out west.
Just put my app in tonight all three seasons a perk of recently retired (TIME) if I pull a lottery ticket maybe I’ll see you up their 🤣

Been extra wet this year here in SE Oklahoma. There are plenty of fawns running around seems like a lot of twins this year and starting to see some good horn growth. Think all this rain/flooding has the Turkey poult numbers down.20210620_132711.jpg

What are your draw odds like? You're a resident right?
Yes resident. Odds for last year I just looked at. I have 11 points so 11+1 would have been one in about 1100 chance for bull in the general rifle season

Deer are mostly nocturnal and hitting protein feeders really hard. We were not able to get summer food plots planted until a couple of weeks ago but they sprouted fast due to warm soil and it raining what seems like every day since. Seems like they’re starting to remember what the beans are now that they have 5 or so leaves on them.

they are enjoying their summer range. saw lots of deer, was hoping to see a bear, and only saw one set of elk tracks up there. it was a wet weekend of backpacking and this photo was really giving me prince of wales vibes.

IMG-0123.jpg

The elk are taking it easy seeing them early morning or right at dark. A buddy of mine sent me this of a bull he saw a few weeks back. Hope to find his sheds.
And I spent a week in the wilderness of Colo. n only saw a bear.
Some local, affordable Elk meat in the freezer would be nice. It ain't the Rockies experience, but the fodder is good.

Mule deer and moose getting into her garden, there’s gonna be a shooting if they keep that up.

Attachments

• BD117C68-E86D-4B9D-8E63-4BDD62E67E21.jpeg
    BD117C68-E86D-4B9D-8E63-4BDD62E67E21.jpeg
    896.7 KB · Views: 8
  • A06459C9-E701-41D4-8371-736DCAE24095.jpeg
    A06459C9-E701-41D4-8371-736DCAE24095.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew