Votes: 42 21.9%
  • 50's

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Still Hammering

Votes: 73 38.0%

• Total voters
Really? Wife was a stay at home mom until recently. Our net worth is entirely from my efforts

Just my opinion. Depends on how someone wants to value the spouse efforts to the household. My wife has generally had much lower pay throughout her career than me. And even lower in recent years due to education and career change. If something were to happen with our relationship she gets 1/2 whether I like it or not.

Just my opinion. Depends on how someone wants to value the spouse efforts to the household. My wife has generally had much lower pay throughout her career than me. And even lower in recent years due to education and career change. If something were to happen with our relationship she gets 1/2 whether I like it or not.
I guess I need to go change my answer or put an asterisk saying until divorced.

With the explosion of house prices recently $1M in net worth isn't that hard. If you're older ND have paid off, or even owned your house for many years, that value alone gets you a good amount. Add in 29 year work history with 401k or pension and your at least close.

Problem is you are "worth $1M" but in reality only if you die. Value of your home is tied up, you need it to live. Retirement funds have to last many years, so you can't go spending those.
Magnum P I to the rescue. Your heirs might get mad at you, but they just want your money when you die.😁Screenshot_20240229_101526_Google.jpg

If you’re married I think it would need to be household. If you’re married and claim to be a millionaire but your spouse isn’t that may be a problem…
Lmao, I was thinking whether a married couple should consider $1 million between them as being "millionaires" or if that requires $2 million.

I guess I need to go change my answer or put an asterisk saying until divorced.

Great thing about loosely defined Hunt Talk forum polls is that we can answer how we like. I didn't even vote but I would say "still hammering" at 35.

YouDoYou.gif

I know a guy moving to Mexico in a couple months, working remote. Looks like he will be living pretty good, except for all the cartel stuff 🤷🏻‍♂️
There was a Bitterroot home builder that retired young to Old Mexico. He started banging the cleaning lady and her husband shot him.

Do not recommend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back