Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What A Year For Elk

Elk have a better chance of survival with woods nearby. Given the area, the breaks herd ain't all that big at around 7,500. And if you read my post carefully you would have seen it's not an "excuse." Just pointing out comparing Montana with Colorado isn't a very good comparison - especially given we have wolves and Colorado doesn't.
Not a valid excuse.

Please claify: Are the Breaks considered part of the Montana "wooded area"?

Last edited:
That's what you get for filling all those tags early:ROFLMAO:
I still have a private land only elk B tag. However, I will be skipping that fine meat gathering fun to make time for planning creative ways to gather hard to come by primers, powder, and fine antique shotguns and rifles..

@shrapnel sorry for derailing your topic and the fine pics. Understood my humor does not gel with many.

I still have a private land only elk B tag. However, I will be skipping that fine meat gathering fun to make time for planning creative ways to gather hard to come by primers, powder, and fine antique shotguns and rifles..

@shrapnel sorry for derailing your topic and the fine pics. Understood my humor does not gel with many.
You @FoodIsMemories, and @shrapnel, ought to pile up in his elk killing machine of a truck with a couple 6 packs of those green cans and go fill up the bed with 3-4 cows. That'll fix this thread...

When I started hunting Montana in 1979, if you would have told me that elk hunting in Montana would be reduced to playing border patrol on small pieces of public land, hunting wheat stubble, begging/paying for private access, and a legislature bent on privatizing public wildlife in 2022...I would have just laughed and said "no way".

Sorry to say I was wrong, just never felt like Montana hunters would allow this to happen...was wrong about that too. I also wrongly had more faith in the "professionals" that we paid our license dollars to (FWP) for proper management, they've let the wildlife and hunting down too. The one thing I wasn't wrong about is the Montana legislature and their agenda of privatizing wildlife, that has been obvious since Judy Martz was Governor.

Sad...and nothing "great" about any of it.
Correct....An unmitigated failure in every region, as you've chronicled with data and evidence for years...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back