What A Year For Elk

You couldn’t of asked for better weather coming down the stretch. It’s always a gamble holding your tag through rifle but this was a great year for the rifle hunter.

Maybe where you hunt, but these aren’t all private land…

I haven't had this much luck elk hunting that I can remember. It seems like every time I have taken someone, we find elk and we end up getting at least one, sometimes more.

You gotta love Montana...

Congrats on stacking up the elk, looks like good fun and success. I'd bet none of those dead elk have much to do with good luck.

I just sent an email off to Julie C to ask why there's no longer even a person parked in a vehicle at the mouth of the canyon even for a couple hours on weekends anymore. Will report back with the reply. Maybe Fred got tired of sleeping in his truck for hours on end.

You gotta love how Montana is well on the way to being 100% about deer and elk hunting opportunities on private land.

Congrats on stacking up the elk, looks like good fun and success. I'd bet none of those dead elk have much to do with good luck.

I just sent an email off to Julie C to ask why there's no longer even a person parked in a vehicle at the mouth of the canyon even for a couple hours on weekends anymore. Will report back with the reply. Maybe Fred got tired of sleeping in his truck for hours on end.

You gotta love how Montana is well on the way to being 100% about deer and elk hunting opportunities on private land.
Why do you stay here and hunt?

Because I love where I hunt, but would like to see the elk doing better in those places. I've got no real big interest in busting them along a road or in wheat stubble. Different strokes for different folks.
Why does it bother you that someone else hunts differently?

Regardless of whether you got them on public or private land, good work! That's a successful season in my book! Not sure why people would shit on the fact that you might have hunted some private land. Private land is where it's at. Don't have to worry about a bunch of random "hunters" ruining your hunt. Given the opportunity, I would jump on the ability to hunt any private land. 9/10 it's better than public. Networking is important, to be friends with a rancher would be huge for hunting opportunities.

Again, great work, and it looks like you're going into winter with full freezers!

Are you really surprised that you are catching some chit for these posts? Most on here bust their balls all season for a chance at an elk on public land each year, and you posting a bunch of whole elk that you killed in private seems to be in poor taste even if unintentional. Woo hoo congrats

Regardless of whether you got them on public or private land, good work! That's a successful season in my book! Not sure why people would shit on the fact that you might have hunted some private land. Private land is where it's at. Don't have to worry about a bunch of random "hunters" ruining your hunt. Given the opportunity, I would jump on the ability to hunt any private land. 9/10 it's better than public. Networking is important, to be friends with a rancher would be huge for hunting opportunities.

Again, great work, and it looks like you're going into winter with full freezers!
Sweet Baby Jesus. I hunt private land often. I didn't "shit" on anybody.

Fat chance. The “gotta love Montana” struck a nerve. You’ve lived here forever and do you really think elk hunting is the way it could be? Just curious.
You know how to get ahold of me, I’m free most anytime. I will be more than willing to discuss your hunting concepts and how mine may differ. Leave the threads about hunting, positive and about hunting…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back