Western Hunting Self-Promoter Identifying Traits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get behind a lot of what's on his website but he makes it hard on himself.
“The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world...

Almost everyone will agree that we live in a deeply troubled society. One of the most widespread manifestations of the craziness of our world is leftism, so a discussion of the psychology of leftism can serve as an introduction to the discussion of the problems of modern society in general...”

Seems a lot of people right now in West would get behind this famous Montanans words.

^ That’s Ted Kaczynski.

An extreme example, but certainly goes to the point, that it does not matter what your ideals are, what matters are the decisions you make and how you decide to treat people.

IMHO when you decide your solution is to just blow up what you don’t like you lose all credibility.

I don’t care whether you made good points or not.

Doing a quick search of this guy I think I figured out part of His posts. He’s trying to be banned so he can throw up a “feel bad”give me attention case on his website. I guess He got banned from Rokslide and posted it on his website then bad mouths the forum owner Robby Denning, the title reads “

Mountain Pursuit Banned From Western-State Hunting Forum Website Rokslide.com for Defending Fair Chase, Resident Hunter Preference”​

it’s all about attention. He’s a troll
Well, thanks for shedding some light on what the hell this was all about. Guess I came too late to the game to know who this mtnpos guy was. Pathetic.

I actually have limited knowledge of Randy and his business. I don't float on any of the social networking sights. However, I have personally known a couple of aspiring outdoors media types locally. The fishing guy is a gem. In real person he's actually kinda introverted. Great writer. The up and coming knockout young blonde gal is friends with my daughter. Very sweet gal and her dad is as down to earth as they come. I see the former local TV celebrity who had his own sort of comedy outdoors show that was very popular for a while is back in town after being busted for sexual assault at his restaraunt out east. He was awful good to my late autistic son but I always knew he was plastic. And the sex assault business did not surprise me.

I think outdoors media folks are just people like everyone else. Some are self serving fathead phonies wanting to make a buck playing and some are decent folk who just want to share a passion. I think this thread has focused on two individuals at both ends of that spectrum.

This message would resonate so much more if it were puffed in smoke signals and drawn in the dirt with a rock sharpened stick.

“Dad, what did you do when MOGA was dealing dirty to add unlimited outfitters tags in MT?”

Son, I bought some T-shirts decrying commercialization of wildlife by social media personalities and slung mud at the owner of a web forum while all his attention was focused on getting bad legislation killed.
Someday boy, you will see a bronze statue of your dear ole daddy right beside Teddy Roosevelt’s in the conservation hall of heroes.

This OP guy/ gal/ they/ them or take your their/ there pick is a scat for brains.
It sound like he needs to get donkey self outta dodge.

Randy and crew we love what y’all do. Keep it up!

This message would resonate so much more if it were puffed in smoke signals and drawn in the dirt with a rock sharpened stick.

“Dad, what did you do when MOGA was dealing dirty to add unlimited outfitters tags in MT?”

Son, I bought some T-shirts decrying commercialization of wildlife by social media personalities and slung mud at the owner of a web forum while all his attention was focused on getting bad legislation killed.
Someday boy, you will see a bronze statue of your dear ole daddy right beside Teddy Roosevelt’s in the conservation hall of heroes.
The kid knows what his daddy is all about. Kid sits on the board of directors.

I checked out Mountain Pursuit website. Interesting. Rob claims to be a fifth generation Wyomingite but had to teach himself how to hunt and fish? Hmmm. What were the other four generations doing in Wyoming? Masters degree in poly sci. Oh my! Guess my PhD in history qualifies me for CEO of the Outdoors Channel. It seems this guy is swinging at air ... any air. Looking for any agenda to attach to for attention (an aspiring lobbyist I suspect). His crusade against trail cams is clearly tilting at windmills. I don't have anything to do with the things but I think the best approach is to decry them as a cheapshot fatman's shortcut and emphasize the satisfying healthy merits of traditional scouting and pursuit rather than attacking the technocrap simply for the sake of attacking something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back