NEW SITKA Ambient 75

West Texas Aoudad hunt, March 2011

Powderhorn09

These are some photos of an Aoudad that I was able to take in 2011. I was fortunate enough to take this great ram on my 63rd birthday, last day of the hunt and within 15 minutes of taking a spur down off the ridge to go back and break camp. Since I have posted on a couple of other threads about Aoudad, I thought I would post mine to show why I have such an interest in these animals. I grew up reading Jack O'Connor tales of hunting mountain sheep and always dreamed of doing so. However, a school teacher's salary left me with the realization that Bighorn and Dall sheep were out of my affordable price range. I stumbled onto these amazing animals after a chance sighting outside of Alpine, Texas. After googling for hours I came upon what I thought was a reasonable price for a guided hunt and booked it. The hunt was offered through West Texas Hunting out of El Paso and Tyler Wilson, my guide, worked his butt off for me! I was fortunate that this animal was truly a trophy, very massive, carrying the mass throughout the length of the horn, and actually tying for #51 in the SCI records for free range Aoudad. Since I am not a member of SCI he wasn't entered into the books. I am now looking to do a DIY type hunt next spring and am going to try to put another one of these guys under my belt. Thanks for looking.
Powderhorn09

Attachments

• 100_0105m.jpg
    100_0105m.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_0104m.jpg
    100_0104m.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 302
Cool looking animal, and way to make the best of the cards that you are dealt. I can't imagine being able to afford some species of hunts either, but until then I will enjoy what I can. Great job!

Very nice! Congrats! BOY has one mounted and they are very cool looking critters to hang on the wall.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back